Entry Level Job in Linux System Administrator Profile in India

rupesh690

Reaction score
Credits
Hello Friends,

My name is Rupesh Kumar. I have completed my MCA in 2016 from NIT, Agartala. I have 3 years 4 months of experience in three domains, but not in IT sector specifically. I have recently completed "Linux Course" and looking for job in IT field, but due to proper experience in IT field either my application gets rejected or only get handful of opportunities at peril. I have already created my profile on naukri.com, indeed.com, timesjobs.com and also keep applying for jobs from LinkedIn profile, but I have not received a great help from any medium. I am desperately looking for a entry level job in Linux System Administrator or Linux Technical Support profile in Delhi-NCR region. It would be indebted to all of you, if you could help me in this regard.

I am also attaching my recently updated resume for reference.

Thanking you in advance,

Regards,

Rupesh Kumar

Attachments

• Resume.pdf
    88.6 KB · Views: 239

G'day again, Rupesh.

You may be under a mistaken impression as to this site's affiliation.

Just in case of any misapprehension on your part, we are not an official arm nor organ of Linux, just scored the dot org name - we are manned by volunteer staff who share a love of Linux and have varying skills in various departments.

We do not have formal links to the Linux industry itself.

I can leave this Thread in place, in case one of our Members, does have such contacts, or suggestions, such as getting yourself Redhat Linux certifications, but you may get no responses.

That being said, I DO wish you luck, and if you stick around here, you may learn a lot of useful information.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hello Friends,

My name is Rupesh Kumar. I have completed my MCA in 2016 from NIT, Agartala. I have 3 years 4 months of experience in three domains, but not in IT sector specifically. I have recently completed "Linux Course" and looking for job in IT field, but due to proper experience in IT field either my application gets rejected or only get handful of opportunities at peril. I have already created my profile on naukri.com, indeed.com, timesjobs.com and also keep applying for jobs from LinkedIn profile, but I have not received a great help from any medium. I am desperately looking for a entry level job in Linux System Administrator or Linux Technical Support profile in Delhi-NCR region. It would be indebted to all of you, if you could help me in this regard.

I am also attaching my recently updated resume for reference.

Thanking you in advance,

Regards,

Rupesh Kumar

Hi Rupesh,

Getting your foot in the door in IT is difficult in the beginning. You're going to have to apply on many potential job openings before you successfully obtain your first IT job. With that said, I'd like to give you some pointers on what you can do to improve your chances of landing your first job in IT.

1. Start a blog or use something like medium.com and write some articles on Linux, or anything related to the job you're looking to obtain. Try to cover different topics in one specialization. This will give you some additional content to reference on your CV. This will also provide your future employer with some ideas on your current level of knowledge on the topic. You can also create YouTube videos on these same topics, it really is up to you and how you want to create content

2. Try and do a stage if you don't have any experience, offer your help to a local business for a short period of time, maybe at a lower pay, but for the most part, you want to get some experience so that you can put something on your CV

3. Try and obtain some entry level certifications, like Linux+ for example, this will show your employer that you have interest, while at the same time, providing you with enough knowledge to pass the entry level Linux interviews

4. Try and network with folks that are in IT and could potentially vouch for you, or refer you to their employer or someone they know. Making connections with folks on Social Media sites like LinkedIn could be helpful

If you put the effort and show to your future prospective employer that you're serious and willing to learn, I am certain at some point, you will definitely land your first IT job, but before you can do that, you need to show them that you're interest by doing some of the items I outlined above.

I've interviewed many IT professional in my career, the ones I usually pick, are the ones that want to learn and are willing to put in the effort. It doesnt matter if you dont know everything, but with the right attitude, you can learn anything.

Hope this helps you in some way!

I went ahead and moved this to off-topic, as it's not about 'general Linux', but about 'employment opportunities'.

Members online

Latest posts