Encrypted and decryption not supported

• Thread starter Deleted member 35560
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 35560

When I moved to Mint I did a back up of my files and now am confused, because all the files are the same type, wma. and have the same properties audio (audio/xmswma) yet some I can play and with others I can not because of this Encrypted and decryption not supported ! I can't work out why that should be as all were in the same file on the windows 10 thing.

I have looked on the forum for help but I couldn't find any. If there is then sorry, please direct me to it. If not then is there a way to resolve this please? I have already search online, but too many different answers and I know I can trust people here. Wine doesn't work or perhaps I don't know where to look on there.

Thanks for anyone who answers - just remember I've only been using mint for a week so please be patient with me.

Hey there,

What application are you using to play the wma files? It could be that the wma codec wasn't installed by default. There are a number of media players out there - some will include it I believe and some will not.

Can you walk us through what you're trying and when the error comes in?

Hi Rob
I am just using the media player which is installed with Mint and that works fine with some of the music and I tried VLC and that worked. I then tried to get it to play the other music and I got the above with the inbuilt media player. When I tried with the VLC it comes up with this which I have just coped and am pasting here :
Could not demux ASF stream:

DRM protected streams are not supported.

VLC can't recognise the input's format:

The problem seems to be that I have some in the full music file that won't play and those that aren't that will play. I have looked on the WD back up drive that I used to move them across to for other music files but can't find any. I know on Windows you used to be able to reset the DRM and have done so in the past. However that used Internet Explorer to do that and Mircrosoft seem to have closed that door now and I really don't want to have to in put that onto here as I am happy with chrome. I've also tried both Chrome and FireFox settings to see if I can get them to come up with the answer as I know that changing the setting on I.E.would allow that and thus lead to the DRM settings being able to be rest. This I've never come across before, because in my experience with windows it was either all or nothing which before I swapped was nothing so I was delighted to be able to play them on Mint. Stupidly, thinking I'd never need them again I gave the cds to charity thinking I had the music anyway and someone else could enjoy them.

Sorry for the length, but I wanted to be as clear as possible

Kev

Members online

Latest posts