Elementary not recognizing in/out audio devices [SOLVED]

Rafaelys

Reaction score
Credits
Hello there :)

I have elementary OS (5.1.2 Hera) was able to listen to Spotify and also play games with Lutris (wine), both through HDMI-connected monitor and headphones. Now all of a sudden the system isn't recognizing mics (both internal and external) and also there's no sound device available at all, even when I plug headphones.

Another change I've noticed is that wine isn't working as it was yesterday (I was running Epic Games platform on Lutris and it was ok, now is not running and pointing possible graphic card update errors).

Despite that, HDMI video is ok...

EDIT: While searching for answers I've found many topics mentioning pulseaudio. It returned this on console:

rgm@rgm-Inspiron-3437:~$ pulseaudio
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: D-Bus name org.PulseAudio1 already taken.

I thought it have something to do with installing ALSA, which I did (from snap repository), but apparently it have nothing to do with it.

G'day Rafaelys, and Welcome to linux.org

Have there been any recent updates ?

Do you have Timeshift installed ?

Do you run any backup program ?

G'day Rafaelys, and Welcome to linux.org

Have there been any recent updates ?

Do you have Timeshift installed ?

Do you run any backup program ?

So, i did have installed some audio/video updates as recomended on specific guides about Lutris, and always rebooting when it was asked -- now I've just turned it off to see what would happen and guess what, sound devices are all there, HDMI and headphones also :rolleyes:

Maybe just rebooting wasn't enough to set the updates?

Thanks!

Gaming platforms are not my thing....although that one appears to come well recommended.

Seeing it is foss, I would post a "bug" report about your experience on the appropriate page...

probably HERE

Staff online

Members online