EDITED - Exam (Word/Google doc to Word/Google doc) - Copy/paste

techdummy

Reaction score
Credits
Would a teacher notice if you copy and paste (your own practice answers to edit/a table with just headings) from a Word/Google doc to the exam Word/Google doc (which you downloaded)?

If so, would you be able to notice/"work around" this?

Then, would they able to notice/do something about your "work around"?

If so, would you be able to notice/do something about them noticing/doing something about your "work around"?

E.t.c.

Last edited:

After I retired, I spent a couple of years giving mathematics instruction to students at UMF.

At the time, the school already had fairly good tools to detect plagiarism. In many instances, it was automated.

That was from 2008 to 2010, a long time ago in the world of technology. I'd suggest that you do your coursework as dictated, as there is often not just a reason for doing the work but a reason for doing the work in a certain manner.

If you cheat, which this looks like an attempt to do, you're really just taking away from you - and you risk the greatest blemish one can have on their academic career. Seriously, I could have shagged a dozen students and that would have impacted my career less than if I'd been accused of academic dishonesty.

The risks don't justify the reward.

After I retired, I spent a couple of years giving mathematics instruction to students at UMF.

At the time, the school already had fairly good tools to detect plagiarism. In many instances, it was automated.

That was from 2008 to 2010, a long time ago in the world of technology. I'd suggest that you do your coursework as dictated, as there is often not just a reason for doing the work but a reason for doing the work in a certain manner.

If you cheat, which this looks like an attempt to do, you're really just taking away from you - and you risk the greatest blemish one can have on their academic career. Seriously, I could have shagged a dozen students and that would have impacted my career less than if I'd been accused of academic dishonesty.

The risks don't justify the reward.

Thanks for your reply. By practice answers I meant by own practice answers.

If you ask the teacher they will probably say don't because they want the exam to be as similar to an in-person exam as possible, but I am unsure if it is actually not allowed. If it is undetectable, I assume lots of people do it.

So really my question is: Would they notice if you copy and paste (your own practice answers to edit/a table with just headings) from a Word/Google doc to the exam Word/Google doc?

So really my question is: Would they notice if you copy and paste (your own practice answers to edit/a table with just headings) from a Word/Google doc to the exam Word/Google doc?

Probably not, so long as you're not copying them from the 'net. With any rich-text editor there's a chance of including identifying data hidden in things like meta data, but they're unlikely to notice it with the tools they have at hand.

The software we used checked papers against a database of similar papers, monitored sites for people asking questions in an identical manner, etc...

So, if you're not copying it from the 'net, you should be just fine.

@techdummy - I've come on this Thread too late in my day to consider editing or deleting my friend @KGIII 's post, and I likely would not do so without consulting with him first, but given his quick response to your questions, and your signing off after likely reading his previous post, it's all academic. Yeah, bad pun.

If you want to remain techdummy, instead of techsavvy, that choice is yours.

If you gain credentials/qualifications through cheating, then you do not just cheapen yourself, you put at risk future customers or clients, through shoddy work performed, and you do not even know that that might not affect adversely someone you know and care about.

Where you are in need of legitimate help, we will be happy to give freely of our time and knowledge. That is what we do here, and we are one of the best forums to that effect. No brag, just fact.

Don't ask any more questions on how to cheat, or bend the rules. You will get short shrift.

TIA

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

If you want to cheat to pass exams means you don't want to learn which means you aren't motivated. Find a career path or area of work that does peak your interest and motivate you to learn, otherwise you might as well apply for a job at the local McDondalds, Burger King or Starbucks since you will never need to take an exam there.

Members online

Latest posts