Duel Boot. Linux GamePack - UALinux and Windows

clanmaurice

Reaction score
Credits
Hi Guys, I am having a go at a duel boot. Windows and Linux. I am using two separate hard drives, one for each system. I had Windows 10 on the first . I formatted the second one and installed a brilliant distro on it. It went on , no problem. But when I rebooted, I could only get into the Windows hard drive system. The other one where the linux system should have been, had a blue screen on it suggesting pressing various buttons like F8 and F9. I do not have too much experience with this level , but I have a strange feeling it might have something to do with Grub2 or lack of. I would appreciate any advice I can get. My apologies if I have put this in the wrong forum. All the best.

Which Linux Distro and version, @clanmaurice ?

And welcome to linux.org :)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Oh, I see - UALinux, don't know that.

Hi Guys, I am having a go at a duel boot. Windows and Linux. I am using two separate hard drives, one for each system. I had Windows 10 on the first . I formatted the second one and installed a brilliant distro on it. It went on , no problem. But when I rebooted, I could only get into the Windows hard drive system. The other one where the linux system should have been, had a blue screen on it suggesting pressing various buttons like F8 and F9. I do not have too much experience with this level , but I have a strange feeling it might have something to do with Grub2 or lack of. I would appreciate any advice I can get. My apologies if I have put this in the wrong forum. All the best.
Just to make sure I understand properly:

You have two different hard disks, disk 1 has Windows installed in it and disk 2 has the Linux Distro installed in it. I'm assuming you have changed the boot order in your BIOS to boot in disk 2 first. When your computer boots into disk 2, you are greeted with some sort of blue screen suggesting the F8 F9 type buttons?

The penny drops now - UALinux

User and Linux, from the Ukraine, hence a double meaning as UA is the nation letters for Ukraine.

@clanmaurice :

1. Did you download it from here?

https://ualinux.com/en/download

2. Is this your first Linux distribution to be used, or if you have used others, which?

3. Are you a Gamer?

Cheers

Wizard

Hi Guys, first of all, thank you for taking the time to reply to my problem. I went through the steps to use Rufus and I made a mess of that. Then I used a dvd with the Linux system on it. and that did not work, which resulted in the blue screen when I tried to boot from it. To start the install, I put the dvd in and went to the bios and clicked to boot from the dvd drive. I was then able to choose which Hard drive I put it on. I was wondering if windows 10 actually aloud Linux to duel boot. I am sure I read it some where. Yes I am an old Gamer of 76 years of age, lol. But you know, because I love to try out different systems, I never downloaded it from that site. I am beginning to think it might be best to get rid of all my Windows and just install Linux . Look forward to your replies.

Thank you so much.

Clanmaurice

Hi Guys, I promised I would get back to you, if I managed to get it set up. Success at last. I got the duel boot set up.Many thanks to the advice I received and the advice off Google. I can regard this as resolved. Stay safe all and thank you again.

Members online

Latest posts