Duel Boot. Linux GamePack - UALinux and Windows

clanmaurice

Credits
Hi Guys, I am having a go at a duel boot. Windows and Linux. I am using two separate hard drives, one for each system. I had Windows 10 on the first . I formatted the second one and installed a brilliant distro on it. It went on , no problem. But when I rebooted, I could only get into the Windows hard drive system. The other one where the linux system should have been, had a blue screen on it suggesting pressing various buttons like F8 and F9. I do not have too much experience with this level , but I have a strange feeling it might have something to do with Grub2 or lack of. I would appreciate any advice I can get. My apologies if I have put this in the wrong forum. All the best.

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
Which Linux Distro and version, @clanmaurice ?

And welcome to linux.org :)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
Oh, I see - UALinux, don't know that.

Ratilaprime

Credits
Hi Guys, I am having a go at a duel boot. Windows and Linux. I am using two separate hard drives, one for each system. I had Windows 10 on the first . I formatted the second one and installed a brilliant distro on it. It went on , no problem. But when I rebooted, I could only get into the Windows hard drive system. The other one where the linux system should have been, had a blue screen on it suggesting pressing various buttons like F8 and F9. I do not have too much experience with this level , but I have a strange feeling it might have something to do with Grub2 or lack of. I would appreciate any advice I can get. My apologies if I have put this in the wrong forum. All the best.
Just to make sure I understand properly:

You have two different hard disks, disk 1 has Windows installed in it and disk 2 has the Linux Distro installed in it. I'm assuming you have changed the boot order in your BIOS to boot in disk 2 first. When your computer boots into disk 2, you are greeted with some sort of blue screen suggesting the F8 F9 type buttons?

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
The penny drops now - UALinux

User and Linux, from the Ukraine, hence a double meaning as UA is the nation letters for Ukraine.

@clanmaurice :

1. Did you download it from here?

https://ualinux.com/en/download

2. Is this your first Linux distribution to be used, or if you have used others, which?

3. Are you a Gamer?

Cheers

Wizard

clanmaurice

Credits
Hi Guys, first of all, thank you for taking the time to reply to my problem. I went through the steps to use Rufus and I made a mess of that. Then I used a dvd with the Linux system on it. and that did not work, which resulted in the blue screen when I tried to boot from it. To start the install, I put the dvd in and went to the bios and clicked to boot from the dvd drive. I was then able to choose which Hard drive I put it on. I was wondering if windows 10 actually aloud Linux to duel boot. I am sure I read it some where. Yes I am an old Gamer of 76 years of age, lol. But you know, because I love to try out different systems, I never downloaded it from that site. I am beginning to think it might be best to get rid of all my Windows and just install Linux . Look forward to your replies.

Thank you so much.

Clanmaurice

clanmaurice

Credits
Hi Guys, I promised I would get back to you, if I managed to get it set up. Success at last. I got the duel boot set up.Many thanks to the advice I received and the advice off Google. I can regard this as resolved. Stay safe all and thank you again.

Latest posts