MisterMure

Reaction score
Credits
When i try too install this.
FB_IMG_1544838117816.jpg

Get this fail.
Screenshot_20181215-034456.jpg

What i can do?
I dont have dvd-r. And can't boot anything else. Not starting without first instalation.

Hey, welcome to Linux.org..

Can you give a little background? Why did you choose this distro.. what are you looking to use linux for.. did you boot off a cd/usb with intentions to install it or just run off the media?

Would you be against starting with a user friendly distro like ubuntu at first?

G'day (Hello) @MisterMure and welcome to linux.org :)

1. I have moved this Thread (your question) to "Getting Started" where it is better. I have removed the Poll/survey, as it is not a Poll.

2. Can you give us the Model Number for your Acer Nitro 5, it will be on the machine somewhere?

For example

Acer Nitro 5 515-51-504A

3, Can you tell us your country of origin, and your first language?

@Rob - some of the Nitros do not have an optical drive, some have a 1 TB HDD some a 256 SSD. If no optical, they may have

USB 2 x 2

USB 3 x 1

Thanks Rob, thanks @MisterMure :)

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Acer nitro 5 an515-52-512j

1. I have moved this Thread (your question) to "Getting Started" where it is better. I have removed the Poll/survey, as it is not a Poll.

2. Can you give us the Model Number for your Acer Nitro 5, it will be on the machine somewhere?

For example

Acer Nitro 5 515-51-504A

@Rob - some of the Nitros do not have an optical drive, some have a 1 TB HDD some a 256 SSD. If no optical, they may have

USB 2 x 2

USB 3 x 1

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

I'm from Romania.

For example

Acer Nitro 5 515-51-504A

USB 2 x 2

USB 3 x 1

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Well. Rob. Honestly this pc was purchsed with Lipnus Linux. I just wanna install this for can use this new pc? Cant run anything without install?
Yes i wanna upgrade af
Hey, welcome to Linux.org..

Can you give a little background? Why did you choose this distro.. what are you looking to use linux for.. did you boot off a cd/usb with intentions to install it or just run off the media?

Would you be against starting with a user friendly distro like ubuntu at first?

Romania ... cool, I adored Nadia Comaneci (shows how old I am) and yes I know the old Communist days have nothing to do with you :)

I am from Australia and have to head off for my Saturday evening, but if you can give me that model number it would help.

Acer Nitro 5 515-51-504A. The highlighted part

515-51-504A

is important.

Cheers

Wizard, back tomorrow ;)

You guys are so friendly. I love Cangoroo by the way.
The model how i told you is Acer Nitro 5
AN515-52-512J

Romania ... cool, I adored Nadia Comaneci (shows how old I am) and yes I know the old Communist days have nothing to do with you :)

I am from Australia and have to head off for my Saturday evening, but if you can give me that model number it would help.

Acer Nitro 5 515-51-504A. The highlighted part

515-51-504A

is important.

Cheers

Wizard, back tomorrow ;)

That's great, thanks Mate.

I have a site here

https://www.price.ro/rezultate~acer-nitro-5-an-515.html

... and I am wondering if yours is one of those listed?

I am particularly interested in the "detalii produs" as to whether yours has

RAM - 8GB or 16GB
HDD - hard drive - 1TB
SSD - solid state drive - 256GB or 512GB

Does it have just the one drive or two?

For example, my Dell Inspiron laptop has a 256GB SSD and a 2TB 5400rpm HDD.

See how you go with that.

Do you have Windows 10 installed on that machine? Do you wish to keep it?

Where i am leading here is that I find it curious that the store, or Acer, would put Linpus on this machine.

There is next to no support for LInpus in the community. It is 10 years old, and not even "proper Linux" - it is licensed through Acer and does not have all the elements of FOSS (Free and Open Source Software).

DistroWatch have this about it

https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=linpus

... and its status is "Dormant" as in asleep, so even contacting Linpus themselves may not help.

Depending on what you come back to us with, I would be inclined to put on a different Linux in place of Linpus.

Cheers

Wizard

this pc was purchsed with Lipnus Linux

Unfortunately, Linpus is a bit of a bad "joke".

Several years ago people (in Germany?) were selling laptops with Linpus "installed". They were CLI only and did not boot to a GUI.

Make the best of a bad job and install a more useable distro.

Can't download? eBay? Other Linux sellers? A magazine cover disk?

Staff online

Members online