Don't have Wifi on Kali Linux 2020.1

harold55

Reaction score
Credits
Hello there, I just installed my new OS - Kali Linux 2020.1. Everything is fune, but I don't have option to connect to wifi. (Wired connecting is working perfectly). I tried a lot of commands but nothing helped me. When I type iwconfig I get this -
eth0 no wireless extensions.

lo no wireless extensions.

I was on Ubuntu 18.04 and everything was fine. Any solutions?

What is the output of
Code:
lspci |grep Network
and
Code:
lsusb

Might need the firmware for your network interface card.

Curious to see what nic you have.
Be sure to post the output of those commands.

I also have the same problem and got these results from the commands above.

Looking at the output your network interface card for wireless is an:
Intel Corporation Centrion Advanced N 6200.

Looking here your nic is listed and it should be in the kernel.

Have you updated your Kali Linux since you installed it?

Here's the driver here....it's the wlwifi-6000-ucode-9.221.4.1.tgz

Wait until we hear from our Moderator.
You may not need to install the wlwifi if it's already in the kernel.

Last edited:

The firmware website you gave was correct but I connected my laptop to Ethernet and updated it after putting in "non free" components to the apt sources.
Then ran this command
sudo apt-get install firmware-iwlwifi
after this I ran this command
sudo modprobe -r iwlwifi ; sudo modprobe iwlwifi
And it actually finally worked!

Don't think I am too intelegent I just folowed:
"https://wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi " and
"https://wiki.debian.org/fr/iwlwifi"

I am having the same problem but my WiFi adapter is Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 802.11n...
So, if anyone can help me with getting driver for this and also installing it in my linux it would be great-full.

Thank you.

I am having the same problem but my WiFi adapter is Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 802.11n...
So, if anyone can help me with getting driver for this and also installing it in my linux it would be great-full.

Thank you.
You should start a new thread that's dedicated to your machine and it's specs.

Thank you.
WiFi issues with kali seems to be a common issue. I would suggest installing mint or Ubuntu and running kali Ina. Virtual machine and make sure network settings for virtual machine are set to bridged adapter and not nat. Kali is very impractical as an everyday operating system it’s designed for hardcore penetration testing, it’s so much easier in a virtual machine becuse if you mess it up or break your kali you can just reboot it again nice and I[easy in a virtual machine

Hello there, I just installed my new OS - Kali Linux 2020.1. Everything is fune, but I don't have option to connect to wifi. (Wired connecting is working perfectly). I tried a lot of commands but nothing helped me. When I type iwconfig I get this -
eth0 no wireless extensions.

please help me it's great ful for me

I have an HP Intel i3 7gen laptop that I nuked, with Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 802.11n WLAN Adapter and I'm having the same issue! I can connect via Ethernet, but no way to connect to my LAN with Wifi. Is there any scripts out there that are written for this specific adapter for Kali 2020.2? ANY help would be much appreciated.

Thanks much,
Kaliq

Hope this helps for others

This worked for me

Hello guys, i recently installed Kali Linux 2020.2 on my Lenovo T410 and it looks great. I currently have an issue of my modem being detected as a usb storage device...

any help?

@treyboi

What is the output (please copy and paste) from
Code:
lspci |grep Network
AND
Code:
lsusb
Thank you.