Does JACK audio connection kit support HFP and HSP?

MandarSadye

Reaction score
Credits
I have Bluetooth headphone and I will like to attend all my video conferences with it. But problem is that PulseAudio doesn't support HSP/HFP so I cant have a microphone and mono audio on at the same time. I found from here https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/508522 that this is an issue with PulseAudio since 2010!!! So, I have 0 hope it will be solved. So I found that JACK is an alternative for it. I tried searching for its support for HSP/HFP on google but didn't find anything useful. So please let me know if anyone here knows about this subject. I found some guides to have PulseAudio + JACK at the same time, but I want to know if the results are worth an effort.

When you say JACK I assume you mean what of these? If so they work with pulseaudio since I have my current pc speakers connected like that. I also use my bluetooth headset for videoconferencing and I have audio output and audio input at the same time.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-10-02 13-56-32.png
    Screenshot from 2020-10-02 13-56-32.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 336
When you say JACK I assume you mean what of these? If so they work with pulseaudio since I have my current pc speakers connected like that. I also use my bluetooth headset for videoconferencing and I have audio output and audio input at the same time.
No, the OP's referring to JACK (Jacks Audio Connection Kit) which is another client/server framework that can be used to route audio and MIDI signals through hardware and software. It's typically used by DAW's and other music creation software.

I would have thought that they should be able to set things up from the settings as per your screenshot....Installing JACK for this would be a bit overkill!

No, the OP's referring to JACK (Jacks Audio Connection Kit) which is another client/server framework that can be used to route audio and MIDI signals through hardware and software. It's typically used by DAW's and other music creation software.

I would have thought that they should be able to set things up from the settings as per your screenshot....Installing JACK for this would be a bit overkill!
That wasn't clearly stated by the OP hence my question if it was that jack plug that the OP was talking about. Agreed with you that for a headset JACK is a bit overkill, pulseaudio can handle a simple thing such as a headset.

Thank you, but in this context by JACK I mean https://jackaudio.org/. Sorry for not being clear

Last edited:
Thank you for a suggestion.
Yes, I have this module already installed. This module helps with A2DP which is stereo mode without a mic. I want HSP/HFP which provide mono audio and microphones instead of stereo. This option is available on MAC/Windows. But there is some bug in Linux regarding it.
Have you tried it on an Arch based distro, seems aur has pulseaudio HSP/HFP modules:

Members online

Latest posts