Documents Folder Moved

Eddie Paul Litz

Reaction score
Credits
Is the Documents Folder supposed to be under the Trash & SDXC folders, if not how do I move it back above them?

Screenshot from 2018-07-06 13-11-38.png

Hi Eddie Paul

Remind us which version of Ubuntu, and is that screenshot from the left side of your Files Manager or if not where?

Cheers

Wizard

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. It's on the left side of Files Manager.

Just heading there now, Mate. I'll take a look see from there (realise you may be sleeping if you are US)

Wiz

This is what mine looks like

jXPnesA.png

... so have you done something recently, with Preferences or other, that might change the order?

Not invading your privacy, but let us know in general terms.

Cheers

Wizard

Edit - sorry, that was 16.04, back with 18.04

TPHAWgp.png

Better

Wizard

My Ubuntu 18.04 looks like Wizard's, and I wasn't able last night to figure out how it can be changed... but you must have found a way Eddie! :D

I'll try more later but I'm working this weekend and have little extra time.

Cheers

I haven't figured out how it might of got changed, can you guys figure it out?

Sadly I can't at this point Eddie :( You may have to put up with it for a while, as long as it still functions properly in that order.

I have commitments to some other folks and some other projects that will keep me busy for a week or two, but sometimes an idea will pop into my head, even when asleep, and I will go straight to the computer and say "I know what happened", and quite often be right.

If that occurs with this, I will come back to it when the idea is fresh.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Sadly I can't at this point Eddie :( You may have to put up with it for a while, as long as it still functions properly in that order.

I have commitments to some other folks and some other projects that will keep me busy for a week or two, but sometimes an idea will pop into my head, even when asleep, and I will go straight to the computer and say "I know what happened", and quite often be right.

If that occurs with this, I will come back to it when the idea is fresh.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Okay

Oops, I thought I had it.... but after looking more carefully I saw that my problem and fix was not the same. Sorry.

I'll look again a little more as time allows. I'm not sure how you deleted the upper link to Documents... the original one that was there. But I was able to create a lower link, like your photo shows. Back to the drawing board....

Cheers

Thanks but that didn't work for me but I decided to use the Templates folder for my Documents instead.

What happens when you point and click at/on Documents, Eddie Paul, does it show you an error,if so, what?

hrqlE76.png

Wizard

What happens when you point and click at/on Documents, Eddie Paul, does it show you an error,if so, what?

hrqlE76.png

Wizard
It doesn't show an error, it just puts it like it's shown above unless I delete the folder w/out removing the bookmark.

The icon on your image is not the same as the original icon... it is more of a folder icon. In the post that I deleted I had managed to get one that looked like yours. You could probably right-click on it and Remove it (if it's empty), but that will not restore your original.

I did happen to delete that folder. I'm using Templates as it's replacement.

Can you give us another screenshot? Click on Home at the top of the left sidebar, and show us the full screenshot that shows what folders are available in the right side pane too. Thanks.

Screenshot from 2018-07-09 19-17-18.png

Yes, you have removed the "Documents" folder that was originally on the right, under the Home folder with all those others. You could create a new one and probably get it back on the left sidebar menu... at the bottom, like the one that you deleted there too. But I still can't find how to restore the original link that was up near the top of the left sidebar.

I don't find Ubuntu/Gnome very easy to work with, but maybe it's just me. A "new feature" in this latest edition (on laptops) is that the right-click context menu is often not available... instead you have to "two-finger tap" on the touchpad to get that context menu. What?!?!? This is about as brilliant as when they moved the minimize/maximize/close buttons to the left corner of the window instead of the right corner... where everyone in the world expects to find it. Sorry, Eddie.... just venting a little frustration, but not at you. :eek::D

Not sure if I will be able to help with this one. Maybe Wizard will have better luck.

Cheers

Okay, I'll wait on him then.

Members online