document scanner

marbles

Reaction score
Credits
hi all,

i'm trying to scan something in "document scanner" software and i need the resulting file to be an image file (.jpg, etc....)

i tried it scanning in as image and as text, but both output files are .pdf :(

how to do this?

thx

you could have a look at "Paperwork" it works with scanning as an image, pdf and has OCR Text recognition. It is available trough flatpak

oh i'm too stupid to learn anything new. and i have no idea what flatpak is ;)

so what i'm trying to do can't be done via "document scanner"?

What Distro are you using? Maybe it's in the official repos

again you're talking to somebody who is stupid, i have no idea what official repos means

Tell me which Distribution you use

my friend, i'm stupid, you would have to teach me everything, from flatpack to paperwork. and i don't have that much data do all of that (and as a reminder to stupid to figure it out anyways)

thx anyways

why are the most basic things impossible to do in linux. i'm trying to the easiest thing in the world

Something like Ubuntu / Debian / Fedora / OpenSuse / Arch / PopOS! / and what not

i have no idea what you're talking about. why don't you believe that i'm stupid? tinfoil, you're nice but no need to respond anymore unless of you know of a way to do this in document scanner sw

thx for trying to help though

You want a program that can do what you want, I can tell you how to install that program, when I know your distrubution, then you can scann all day all months as long as you want.

or open your terminal and type `less /etc/os-release`and paste the result in here. I can tell you the rest, what you want to know when you tell me your distribution. I'll explain what flatpak is, when you tell me what Distribution you have

simple copy paste, can you do that for me?

You want a program that can do what you want, I can tell you how to install that program, when I know your distrubution, then you can scann all day all months as long as you want.

or open your terminal and type `less /etc/os-release`and paste the result in here. I can tell you the rest, what you want to know when you tell me your distribution. I'll explain what flatpak is, when you tell me what Distribution you have

simple copy paste, can you do that for me?
If you don't know how to copy, post a screenshot

my friend, i appreciate your insistence on helping but everything i've tried on linux has kicked my ass.

i promise you will get stuck. and i can NEVER ask for help with ANY problems on linux

WHY?

because everybody has different flavors and versions of linux

this is why i hate linux

you can never get help with anything as nobody is running the same setup

i've gotten my ass handed to me on a daily basis by linux as i get stuck and i can't ask for help. nobody has the same setup as another, and it would be uncool if for me to ask somebody to install the same setup as me

i'm poor which is why i use linux. i absolutely hate linux. it is such a pain to use, impossible to get help with and can't do the simplest things in linux

i hate linux. i wish i wasn't poor

Convert the .pdf file to a .jpg

Drag and drop the file to that page

(It is Free)

When you don't want help, why not make a blogpost instead complaining in a Linux Forum that's there to help people? What are you trying to achive?

condobloke - i don't know how much data that will require so i can't use any online converters.

tinfoil - i do want help. my question is in the initial post. it can't be done. as always, as usual the simplest things can't be done in linux

If it makes things easier for you and gives you a better experience why don't you go back to Windows? There is no shame in that.

another frustrating thing about this forum is nobody reads whats the user is writing

1. tinfoil asked me what my problem was in the middle of this thread (its obviously in the initial post)

2. condo said to use an online converter (after i wrote i'm poor and don't have much data)

3. f33 says to go to windows (after i wrote that i'm poor which is why i use linux, which implies i can't afford windows anymore)

another frustrating thing about this forum is nobody reads whats the user is writing

1. tinfoil asked me what my problem was in the middle of this thread (its obviously in the initial post)

2. condo said to use an online converter (after i wrote i'm poor and don't have much data)

3. f33 says to go to windows (after i wrote that i'm poor which is why i use linux, which implies i can't afford windows anymore)
If your Distribution is based on Ubuntu, try this

The best thing about this Forum is the fact people run different Distros and can help many users but if someone doesn't want to accept help or take notice of advice given...it's like...
m09084.gif

oh i'm too stupid to learn anything new
Well, seems to me if you're asking questions, then you don't already know the answer, and need to learn something new. But then uou say you can't. Maybe Linux or this forum is not the problem here.

Staff online

Members online