Do you use linux at work?

Yes, I use Linux at work. Basically I work at home on online writing jobs. I use Puppy Linux.

I use Gentoo linux on my work laptop. We have the ability to use whatever flavor of OS we want. Work even provides whatever software we need for or respective environments.

I have fedora 16 (xfce) installed on my work laptop, have an admin station that has Fedora 15 on it, and the machines that I typically deal with are Linux servers.

Do you have a job where you use Linux?

No, I don't. I just use LInux to get my job done. I could very well have used any other os but I used Linux. Mainly because it works for me. Being free, of course, is a bonus. Plus being very light on hardware resources.

I was very fortunate in my last job to be able to use Mandriva Linux both at work and at home. I enjoyed
SSHing back and forth and even running OpenVPN and mounting each machine's disk on the other
machine.

But alas, my current employer requires all employees to fit into a mold and do everything the same way,
so there is no room for a Linux renegade. I'd go crazy if it weren't for Cygwin.

I couldn't do that :) If my employer wants me to be effective, I need to be on Linux.

Yes i use Linux at work. I basically run a Web hosting site online so that's where most of my job is done.

The server runs CentOS 5.6 . Once i get a job offline i'd love to be in touch with linux systems in a large company or firm :D.

I would only imagine windows as a corparate buisness however, I use linux to work from home since im a minority. However, I still have problems getting it to run and have recently been using linux.

I would only imagine windows as a corparate buisness however, I use linux to work from home since im a minority. However, I still have problems getting it to run and have recently been using linux.

The environment that I am working in has a pretty good balance between the Windows side of the house and the Linux side. The Linux side is gaining ground with new applications that we are installing. Not all corporations are on the M$ cruise ship. I know of a couple others that are strong on solaris, and other unix operating systems.

For the most part I do. My desktop is Windows 7 due to personal enjoyments (Netflix and some games), but I use a virtual machine for a couple of needs as well as my laptop which is pure Linux.

Do I use Linux at work?

I use Linux at work, at home, at the airport, in public bathroom...

RHEL5 and Centos6

I use Ubuntu on my work laptop. My job is to administer all the Linux servers in our company (email, web, etc.). We run CentOS as our 'official' flavor, but I do have a Debian server running Samba for internal use.

i use linux and only linux...

I use linux for everything, my business linuxpcplus.com, fun, everything. I hate windows and mac is severely overpriced. Linux is me and i am linux.:cool:

I enjoyed SSHing back and forth and even running OpenVPN and mounting each machine's disk on the other machine.

But alas, my current employer requires all employees to fit into a mold and do everything the same way,
so there is no room for a Linux renegade. I'd go crazy if it weren't for Cygwin.

Gosh, daw33, that sounds awfully familiar!

I use windows and linux. I use windows for the email part of my job, email tracking, investigation etc, and for acessing shared drives.

I have my linux VM for performing forensics and malware analysis.

Nope, it's just easier to use Windows and not ever having compatibility issues. Linux is what I use at home on my laptop.

In a sense, yes. I use Linux on my netbook which I generally use for school. So in a sense, I do use linux to do work. :D I'm probably going to try slapping Mint on my netbook soon and see how that works out. :)

I voted "yes" to this simply because I am making attempts to work from home. I do several smaller jobs through various sites and I am able to do so via my desktop running Xubuntu (or my laptop that runs Win 7). I hate to say that if I were commuting to work, I would be using a Windows-based system. I live in a relatively small town and most people are not aware of Linux - I would be surprised if many (or any) businesses used it.

I think it would be great if more companies used Linux in their workplace. The security would be top notch, in my opinion.

Members online

Latest posts