Do you like terminals or GUIs better?

SlowCoder said:
Most of what I do in the CLI is doable in the GUI. I'm just faster in the CLI.
Relatable. For myself, it's because my first PC only had a monochrome text monitor and MSDOS, so I got used to keyboards. In fact, one thing I miss is the older layouts with big Enter keys (I hit \ a lot when pressing Enter).

CrazedNerd said:
Bash has a much more simple and human style syntax than anything CLI on windows...
^ That's literally 90% of other syntax vs MSDOS and 99% of other syntax vs Powershell, lol. A mate of mine was working support/admin in Windows. He knows Powershell and tried to show me. All I could say was, "WTF is that?!" in my Gordon Ramsey voice.

^^^/.....Welcome Back @Fanboi !

I like GUI's when I only work on one computer at all time. Good for workstations, browsers, games.
If I need to do dozens of commands on hundreds of computers at a time. Good luck doing that with a GUI.
95% of our servers do not have xWindows/GUI installed on them. It would be difficult to keep track of
6,000 monitors and keyboard, it would be a lot more expensive to buy that many. There is a some resource
overhead in running a DE (more CPU, more RAM, etc..). So on our servers, it's all CLI only.
Well, we do have a few with GUI's. But not many.