Do you have a minute or two? I need your feedback

Anthuresta

Reaction score
Credits
Dear community
I hope you all are well and you enjoy your weekend. I would actually like to but I have a problem in which I can not get on and if it is one or it is due to my hardware

I'm currently working on a students project, a flavor of Arch and actually I (I thought) I did it the right way and so far the USB Live Medium runs on 3 of 4 of my own devices but unfortunately I have the problem with my old desktop that I after starting GDM via Wayland (same unfortunately at Xorg) find a blank screen. (its an I7 3770,1060, z77)

But if I wait long enough and the system goes to sleep and I wake it up - the desktop is there as if it had never been gone looool

I've really checked everything out to Arch Wiki and do not understand it anymore.

Maybe someone of you has a short time to test the image and tell me if you find a desktop or not.

I also like to post logfiles etc but I've tried everything from hooks to other kernels, fallback images, autodetect on / off but I'm not getting anywhere and for now I really havent a clue what its all about.

Thanks in advance - the image can be found here. https://sourceforge.net/projects/anthurestaos/ An installation in Legacy mode should work - Uefi is still experimental. It probably lacks the configuration

Sincerely

Thomas

G'day @Anthuresta and welcome to linux.org :)

I am moving this Thread to Arch and derivatives, where it may gain a wider audience of Arch enthusiasts.

I use Arch myself, a little, and Arch-based, a lot, Manjaro, Swagarch, Bluestar &c, a lot. So I may try it myself when I get time.

Good luck, thanks for sharing, and

Avagudweegend.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

I downloade your ISO and coppied over to a usb-drive with dd. But the System doesn't want to boot

Many thanks for your response. Did you do it with dd like here : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/USB_flash_installation_media#Using_dd because it really should boot at least. pls try it in Virtual Box, I tested it there also and it boots well usually.

For those who downloaded before I fixed the ISO and the broken UEFI install should work now.it works with ext4, btrfs will be added soon. btrfs isnt booting properly after install for now. (UEFI only)

pls dont forget the standard users passwort is changeme

Last edited:
I did the same but with 1M and Not with 4M. Is this the reason?

No, Peer :)

4M simply burns the iso faster, but I use 1M, because, like burning a CD or DVD, I am inclined to believe that the reliability of the result will be better. Works for me :D

I am writing this currently from within Anthuresta's Chromium browser, having installed it successfully.

The image I downloaded from Thomas's SourceForge outlet was one only 7 hours old at the time, which was

AnthurestaOS2019.0.4-RC0-SELINUX.iso

... which I take it was the amended UEFI version, because that is how it has installed as.

Thomas, just a heads up, on a couple of counts:

1. It is never too late to swing over to https://www.linux.org/forums/member-introductions.141/ , say Hello and tell us a little of the Thomas story and meet a few of The Gang :)
  2. Just the first of a few points I have noticed so far, with the install (which was impressively quick ;)) - needs a better liaison between the results of os-prober and the resulting Grub Menu. The installer detected all of my 30+ or so Linux on this Dell, but the Grub Menu following a reboot lists only my Anthuresta install and its advanced options, and Boot Manager for my Windows 10 - none of the other Linux. Perhaps you are already on to this.
On leaving this Post, I will run a Timeshift restore on one of my Mint or Manjaro to place that back in Primary Partition spot, and see how Anthuresta fares then.

Hearty applause for Thomas, folks, this is a major undertaking, worthy of praise, and I look forward to seeing how it develops :cool:

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online