Display Resolution Arch/Grub

DarkHelmet

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

I am relatively new to Linux. I have been using Pop OS for about 6 weeks and decided I would like to switch over to Arch using DWM. I am using a brand new Dell laptop. After installing Arch (fresh install, have not installed DWM yet), the font or resolution in grub is really tiny and almost impossible to see. I have a 3.5k laptop display and my external monitor is full 4K.

I have gone over the Arch Wiki but I’m sure as everyone knows, the Wiki is not written for people just getting into Linux and do not know everything.

Which resolution to I set in grub? My laptop or external display resolution? Is there a way to set both so it auto adjusts? Also, does setting the resolution for grub also set it for the line environment when I login?

I appreciate in advance, any help.

Code:
GRUB_GFXMODE=auto
Replace auto with the desired resolution and color depth and then update your grub configuration.
Code:
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Last edited:
Thank you. I guess my question is do I put the laptop or external display resolution in? They are both different.

I think the Installation Routine is a Nightmare-maybe i can create a topic for Installation Help?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts