Display Related Issue.

sanad89d

Reaction score
Credits
I am using pop os since last year on Asus Vivobook AMD Ryzen 3500U. I had some issues during installation after that it worked fine without any major issue till few weeks back when i started face issues like system freezing while doing basic task. When my system froze i thought close the lid and then opening will help instead my system turn pixelated. Image for reference. I have lost a lot of my work in last few weeks because of it. Any help fixing the issue is appreciated.

8o2kxaw8h5u61.jpg

Last edited:

Hmm.... I've seen that sorta visual output before when the GPU was overheated. I don't suppose that's the cause?

I have integrated GPU. After this happens i force close my system, again after few hours same thing.

Is the device getting hot to the touch?

I don't think there are too many folks here that pay all that much attention to the mobile market. I did some digging and I'm not sure how you got Pop OS on it?

Asus Zenfone AMD Ryzen 3500U

When I look for that at search engines, are you sure it's not a ZenBook?

Even though your graphical interface seems frozen and glitched in the picture, are you able to switch to a tty session? Is your screen still frozen there and are you able to login from there?

Is the device getting hot to the touch?

I don't think there are too many folks here that pay all that much attention to the mobile market. I did some digging and I'm not sure how you got Pop OS on it?

When I look for that at search engines, are you sure it's not a ZenBook?

Sorry. Its Asus Vivobook X412DA-EK501T. Faced a lot of issues during installation also after i bought but once installed worked fine without any issues for till few weeks back.

Even though your graphical interface seems frozen and glitched in the picture, are you able to switch to a tty session? Is your screen still frozen there and are you able to login from there?

As far as i know i can't switch to tty session.

Sorry. Its Asus Vivobook X412DA-EK501T. Faced a lot of issues during installation also after i bought but once installed worked fine without any issues for till few weeks back.

You might want to edit your original post to make it so that you list the correct hardware.

You also didn't answer if it's warm to the touch when this happens.

As for the TTY session, press CTRL + ALT + F3 when it happens and you'll be able to answer @f33dm3bits' question.

You might want to edit your original post to make it so that you list the correct hardware.

You also didn't answer if it's warm to the touch when this happens.

As for the TTY session, press CTRL + ALT + F3 when it happens and you'll be able to answer @f33dm3bits' question.

Not always. At times when since past few days the problem has taken a turn for worst. Last time when this happened, i had couple of tabs in a browser and a text editor. Yes i tried the tty session key combo didn't work.

Is it safe to assume that you're fully updated?

Have you checked the logs for errors? A nice GUI app to do that is ksystemlog.

Is it safe to assume that you're fully updated?

Have you checked the logs for errors? A nice GUI app to do that is ksystemlog.

I went through the logs using terminal in which i didn't understood much. I will install this and check if i can find what the issue is. Thanks.

The good news is that ksystemlog will highlight errors (usually). That's one of the reasons that I like it and recommend it. It is easy to install and doesn't pull in a ton of dependencies.

I don't understand much going through logs. I installed it and checked filter for error and found nothing major.

I can only find logs after i installed. No older logs found.

Last edited:
Right. You wait for it to happen again and then you check the logs.

Not always. At times when since past few days the problem has taken a turn for worst. Last time when this happened, i had couple of tabs in a browser and a text editor. Yes i tried the tty session key combo didn't work.
Can be more specific then it doesn't work? It didn't switch you to a tty or it didn't work because my system was still frozen. This information is useful because if you can switch and use a tty session than the freezing only is effecting your desktop session. If that is the case you could try and troubleshoot the problem from there while it happens, if not you can still troubleshoot it but will have to go through the logs after your system is rebooted as @KGIII is already helping you do.

Members online

Latest posts