Display new postings 1st

lesdelc

Reaction score
Credits
Where can I set up the forum to show the latest postings 1st followed by later postings? Currently, I have to scroll thru all the postings in a discussion to see the latest posting, which is at the end of the forum.

There are no controls for you to set, but in some cases you can achieve what you want. Please check the What's New page for a list of the most recent posts. Look for a thread that has a lot of replies. If you click on the link on the far right (that indicates relative date and time)... that will take you to the most recent post of that thread. If you click the link on the far left (with the thread title and original poster)... that will take you to the very first post. In each case, then, you can scroll forward or backward as needed. There are also quick links at the top and bottom of each page if multiple pages are available, so you can jump to the beginning, the end, or somewhere in the middle.

Some of the other forum pages may behave similarly, but perhaps not all. The forum software was recently upgraded and we're all still learning our way around. Hope that helps!

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. I read thru the XenForo manual they do refer to a Display Order. The manual is not detailed enough to provide a suitable explanation. Oh well, I will continue to scroll thru the messages until I find the last one posted.

@lesdelc - Mate have you tried conducting a search here - top right-hand side, search

xenforo

Wiz

While some forums have the option in the user's preferences, I don't see that here. Most of the time I don't think this would be an issue though. If you're following a thread, each time you come back to it, the site automatically loads where you were the last time you looked. So as an example, if you've been keeping up with https://www.linux.org/threads/just-for-fun-linux-jokes-and-memes.16649/, you'd know there's 98 replies to it. However, if you last looked at it when it was at 58. The next time you load it, you'll automatically be viewing post 59. It's not the last one, but it allows you to catch up. You can always just click on page 5 and scroll to the bottom if you really only want to know what Wizard just posted yesterday. :)

There's also a "Jump to New" feature and a Watch/Unwatch (follow/stop follow) feature if you look around.

Wiz

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts