Disappearing ISO.

A

Aintgotno

I have windows 8 on my laptop. Ive downloaded 2 different distros and I cant find them. Ive got hidden folders visable. My data shows they were downloaded. Ive got a new laptop so there isnt many files to look in. Any ideas. Thanks.

The search box is located at the top of every window. To search for a file, open a folder as a starting point for your search, tap or click the search box, and start entering your search term. The search box filters the current view based on the text that you enter. Files are displayed as search results if your search term matches the file's name, tags or other properties, or even the text inside a document.

Just search for *.iso

Thanks for the replies. But the ISO files are gone. I used firefox and in the download window it shows them but w/left click there is no containing folder. So I used "wiztree" to search large files and no good. Then I download the distro Puppy and it to cant be found. So I guess I'll just wait till I get home and use my laptop w/vista and see what happens.

That's windows 8 for ya, eating up the attempt to install a better OS. May have to download it on another machine and set up a bootstick or dvd. I had to do that for a friend that bought a new laptop with windows 8 and couldn't stand it. She is not computer savvy at all, but she loves Ubuntu.

Go into edit -> preferences and click on the general tab. Look at the downloads section and change the "save files to" option to "always ask me where to save files".

Try again and this time save the file to e.g. the desktop...

(I think edit -> preferences is somewhere else in windows, probably "tools" -> "options" or similar.)

Members online