Different Versioln?

Granny Sue

Credits
Hi Guys,

I think I'm posting in the correct place, if not, let me know. I have an old PC that I want to switch over to Linux. I alreaady have an old PC that I have installed Linux Mint on, and so I think I'd like to try a different version. I'm thinking perhaps Ubuntu or Cinnamon. I am not knowledgable about programming or anthing like that. So I need simple and easy and will take any and all help and assistance I can get. What would you suggest?

LorenDB

Credits
Both of your suggestions sound good. Also, consider Kubuntu and Lubuntu. Ubuntu Mate may look different than what you're used to, but it's worth a shot.

sp331yi

Credits
Expand and grow, try a different Linux family!
Mageia. Manjaro. Proxmox. PCLOS.
If something other than Mint is desired, then get away from all 'buntu-derived distros, is my suggestion -- try Arch, RedHat, PCLOS, Slackware, Debian and Independents -- it's a big FOSS world out there. Why limit oneself?

Condobloke

Credits
Whatever you decide on.....Put the ISO on a thumb drive, boot the PC to that thumb drive and have a play !!

Nothing to go wrong, all good fun.

Tell us the specs etc of the PC first......they will have a direct impact on what you can run

Granny Sue

Credits
Thanks for all yur great suggestions. I'll have to plug in the old PC and get the specs and post them. I guess I was thinking "ease of use for newbie" as the reason for staying within what I know a little bit about. But I'm open to trying new things so I'll be re-thinking about what to try out next.

Members online