dell_smbios: unable to run on non-dell system

tflame

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, i've been installed deb10 on my aspire3, it boots but n the kernel only appears an error "dell_smbios: unable to run on non-dell system". Now I am on recovery mode, what i should do?

Last edited:

It seems as though libsmbios-c2 was installed automatically. Due to the particular package being provided by Dell it would look for the BIOS extensions for that. That should be just a warning and not a critical error. You could go into the termkmal and type:
Code:
modinfo dell-smbios
In order to determine if you require the package or not. That shouldn't be the case though but you can do so as a precaution. Afterwards, you can uninstall the package using the apt command:
Code:
sudo apt autoremove [package_name]

[QUOTE = "Jared., Post: 109708, member: 102419"]
Sembra che libsmbios-c2 sia stato installato automaticamente. A causa del particolare pacchetto fornito da Dell, cercherà le estensioni del BIOS per questo. Dovrebbe essere solo un avvertimento e non un errore critico. Puoi entrare nel termkmal e digitare:
Code:
 modinfo dell-smbios [/ CODE] per determinare se hai bisogno o meno del pacchetto. Tuttavia, non dovrebbe essere così, ma puoi farlo come precauzione. Successivamente, puoi disinstallare il pacchetto utilizzando il comando apt:
[CODE] sudo apt autoremove [nome_pacchetto] [/ CODE]
[/ CITAZIONE]

ho provato ma non cambia nulla. Forse "non dell-system" non è l'errore? [/ CODE]

Members online