Dell OptiPlex 3060 Hard drive not detected after 20.04 server install

Is the ssd m.2 or nvme as I have heard booting from one of those on Linux can cause problems.

I haven't had any issues with it - but, you reminded me of something.

OP, in the BIOS, look for something called Intel RST or AHCI. Whichever one it is on, change it. I'm pretty sure it's the RST that isn't Linux-compatible.

Is the ssd m.2 or nvme as I have heard booting from one of those on Linux can cause problems.
I upgraded the ram to 32gb, the hard drive is a SATA the BIOS sees the hard drive lists it but when i go to boot i get a message no hard drive detected.

I haven't had any issues with it - but, you reminded me of something.

OP, in the BIOS, look for something called Intel RST or AHCI. Whichever one it is on, change it. I'm pretty sure it's the RST that isn't Linux-compatible.
I have enabled AHCI

I've read through this and see nowhere where it states must use a server.

I believe server 20.04 just has all the GUI stuff stripped out...cardano-cli and node doesn't use any of it. I'm currently running 4 cardano nodes on server 20.04. I would prefer to run server.

my advise would be to format HDD in Ex4. i always have problem with HDD if they are in NTFS or FAT, if thats not the problem then try to google it there are many reasons why it may happen also try check this out.

Staff online