Dell Inspiron 15 3521 laptop running Pop OS 22.04 but wifi doesnt show up!

yowan4real

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I am new to Linux and downloaded POP OS 22.04 to my Dell Inspiron 15 3521 but the wifi doesn't show up and I can't update the firmware or download anything. Is there a way to make the wifi visible?

Pop is compiled by System 76 for their own built business machines, although based on Ubuntu It is not a full Ubuntu general distribution, many of the codecs and drivers are not included, and with the additional "Pop" coding can make it difficult to install on other equipment, many of the usual Debian/Ubuntu fixes we use do not work on Pop, If it installs and runs "OTB" great if not it is a Pain in the rear.
Dell usually use Broadcom 43 series wireless, you may find the drivers in the pop repository [software manager] but first to check you will need to install inxi and run from a terminal inxi -Nn to be sure, you will need a connection to the internet for this.

Hi, I am new to Linux and downloaded POP OS 22.04 to my Dell Inspiron 15 3521 but the wifi doesn't show up and I can't update the firmware or download anything. Is there a way to make the wifi visible?
Most likely you will need the driver for the broadcom wireless card installed before you will see you wifi in popos.
I recommend you try in a terminal (you will need to be connected via Ethernet cable or via a cell phone)
Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install bcmwl-kernel-source
Then reboot you should see your wifi card now.
That driver always worked on my Dell inspirion. Good luck. But do please do the command and post it back here that Brickwizard asked you to do.

Members online

Latest posts