Default Gateway problem in Linux

K

ksharifbd

Hello everyone,

My server is setup on CentOS 5.0 32 bit. The server has two NIC - eth0 and eth1. On eth0, the server IP is 103.4.144.162 and the default gateway is 103.1.144.161. Through these real IP my organization connects with the internet. On eth1 the internal LAN is setup with the IP 192.168.3.240. When I ping the default gateway of eth0 from the PC connected to internal LAN, it's all ok. The problem is when I ping the default gateway from the server itself it shows "destination not found". This is a absurd problem because through all my PC I can access internet. But I can't access the internet from the server itself!! I have checked all the network commands like, setup, mii-tool, vi /etc/config.sys/eth0, /etc/init.d/network restart. All entries are OK. Please Help.

Have you installed this OS as a fresh copy or you upgrade it.

probably because of the /etc/resolv.conf file is not configured with the nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.....just copy it to resolv.old.conf and touch /etc/resolv.conf then edit it, adding the line: nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where the xxx is replaced with the actual ipaddress of the gateway. then try pinging. you don't even have to restart the network!

Members online

Latest posts