Deepin 15.9 vs. Manjaro Deepin 18.02 (w/ Deepin 15.9 DE)

Jeffrey Lapinski

Reaction score
Credits
Just a curiosity, does any one know of differences between the two (other than Arch based vs. Debian based and all the differences that come with that)? I'm really curious to know if the DE functions the same. From what I can see it does but I am wondering if anyone out there may know more,

I've tried many distros via virtualbox as well as several DEs and window managers on those VMs I've created, and as far as I can tell, Deepin and any other DE for that matter, will behave exactly the same regardless of the distro they're on. Of course, keep in mind that the Deepin distro might have some features that others don't since it is its "native" distro, but beyond personal or devs settings the base configuration remains the same.

G'day Jeff, Hi Tolkem :)

I have both.

The DE's are close to identical. Both I find a little deficient in that they do not have an easily found cursor theme for increasing size (us oldies can have eyesight problems :cool:).

Not exactly a DE issue but rather content is Productivity Suite. Deepin has Kingsoft's WPS (also Chinese), but it only has 3 Modules - a writer, a spreadsheet and a presentations. Libre Office has 6.

Similarly, when I installed Timeshift on Deepin, it actually downgraded 18.9 version to something like 16.4, a culture shock. I have since got it up to current.

Wiz

Members online