Debian or Ubuntu for a VPS server?

Fmgnomx21

Reaction score
Credits
Hi! all forum mates. I've sought on several sites about this topic but I only find different opinions.

So, I prefer to ask the experts like you. I want to setup a Linux VPS server (Debian or Ubuntu Op system) installing a SQL (Like MariaDB) database, NGINX web server, a Wordpress website and a CDN like Cloudfare.

I'd like to know if Debian is ahead of Ubuntu or vice versa.

I mean it in terms of stability, ease of updating op system version, security and user friendly.

Thanks a lot for your wise answers. Regards.

In this application, they're remarkably similar. That does seem a lot like work for a WordPress site.

I'd stick with Debian, unless there's something specific you want from Ubuntu - such as their Snaps.

I find Ubuntu slightly more reliable in upgrading to new releases, but that's just a personal observation.

In this application, they're remarkably similar. That does seem a lot like work for a WordPress site.

I'd stick with Debian, unless there's something specific you want from Ubuntu - such as their Snaps.

I find Ubuntu slightly more reliable in upgrading to new releases, but that's just a personal observation.
Thanks a lot! @KGIII Your advice is quite useful. Warm greetings.

Members online