Debian at school

Peer

Reaction score
Credits
Normaly I use my Debian Installation-usb-drive in school at school Computers. But now I Got this output. It works at home and Updates didn't help.

The picture I wanted to upload is too large

Then upload it somewhere else and paste the link here...
eusa_doh.gif

Maybe you could buy a USB if the computer at your school supports that format and then flash a portable version of the distro you want to use. then you have to make the computer boot from usb and voila! you now have a school computer not running windows or OSX for the time being until you remove the drive and shut down the computer.

A portable distro I recommend would be the Debian with Raspberry Pi Desktop from the raspberry pi foundation.
link: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspberry-pi-desktop/

Reactions: Rob
My Problem is that this Installation doesnt Boot an more. And I don't want to swich to a live USB because They are slow and wont contain the Programms wich i am using

G'day Peer, not sure if you have school today or if you are "off" for Easter, so will be quick.

Give us the output of

Code:
cat /proc/cmdline

and let us know if the UUID= is the same from

Code:
cat /etc/fstab

But I will warn you we have a thing called "hot cross buns" for Easter here, and they may attract my attention. :)

Wiz

Are you using a different computer at school to use the USB stick on, than you would normally do?

It may be that you have to ask a Teacher.

Wizard

I find it surprising that the school would allow unknown USB sticks to be plugged in and run software. Very, extremely dangerous!
Perhaps the school's IT department disabled the USB ports?
Just a thought :)

Are you using a different computer at school to use the USB stick on, than you would normally do?
Normaly I use my own labtop in school (because we all have to) but there areas without wifi and there are just this old win7 Pentium Computers wich take 10 Minuted to boot up. So I always used Linux USB drive to make them usable.
Perhaps the school's IT department disabled the USB ports?
On the most of this Computers USB Boot is disabled, but there are some Left.

G'day Peer :):)

Have you used this particular computer to use your USB stick before?

I am thinking that your stick is the result of a full install to stick under UEFI conditions, and that this particular computer may not suit "playing" same stick.

Wiz

Aah, I see, thanks. I'll give it some thought, but I cannot promise early results. :)

Wiz

Staff online