Debian 11 and ASUS B250i Motherboard

kingq1

Reaction score
Credits
I have been trying to load Debian 11 on a computer that has multiple SSD's. Windows 10 is loaded on one SSD. I have made it through the entire process of installing Debian 11 on two different internal SSD's. The ASUS motherboard doesn't recognize the SSD's for boot. I have installed Debian 11 on a removable thumb drive and the motherboard will recognize it and run Debian 11. How can I get the motherboard to recognize Debian 11 on one of the internal SSD's?

Where did you install the grub to? is the drive format gpt or ms/dos? - also ensure fast boot is turned off

there could be several causes, but to start with as @Lord Boltar has said disable windows quick-start/fast-boot usual in the UEFI/BIOS
second when you installed your Debian did you remove the installation pen drive before rebooting, if not when you switch back on it will not complete the installation see my "how do I install guide" [its not for multiple drives thats another step that isn't included, but you obviously know how to select your target drive]

Thank you. I will try disabling the Windows quick-start/fast boot. I have made sure that I have removed the installation pen drive prior to reboot.

Where did you install the grub to? is the drive format gpt or ms/dos? - also ensure fast boot is turned off
I formatted the disk to gpt. After install it changes to EXT4. When installing Debian when I get to the grub install I install it to the primary disk which I presume is the same disk I did the rest of the install to. That worked on the external USB drive I used.

oh and I hope you installed the optional "additional driver & Codec pack" with your Debian

I finally got it to work. Maybe it was just turning off the Fast Boot. Are the following firmware files from the attached picture necessary? Where may I find the "additional driver and Codec pack?"
IMG-2711.jpg

this shows you are missing the drivers for your wi-fi
try
sudo apt-get install ath10k

I finally got it to work. Maybe it was just turning off the Fast Boot. Are the following firmware files from the attached picture necessary? Where may I find the "additional driver and Codec pack?"
I believe the package in debian is: firmware-atheros. It includes a lot of ath10k firmware files.

I believe the package in debian is: firmware-atheros. It includes a lot of ath10k firmware files.
Thank you.

Members online

Latest posts