Data Collection.

• Thread starter Deleted member 58530
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58530

Some users are concerned about information that OSs collect and should be.

Something to think about.

Own and Android smartphone or an Android tablet an iPhone or an iPad and used a credit card to pay a bill or purchase anything.

Hmm how secure are those devices and what personal information do those devices collect.

I don't like the fact that my personal information is being collected either however it is being collected on / from any device which connects to the internet / WWW.

Use Google or Google Chrome or any of the Google Chrome clones /Facebook or any social media sites.

I'll bet those are keeping your data private.

Ain't no privacy no more.

Google information collection.

And people wonder why I don't have a dumbing down phone just the type that requires you to be the smart one.
Another reason that I switched to Linux and not Mac OS. No back doors and everything has to come in the tradesman's entrance but it has to get past you first.

Own and Android smartphone or an Android tablet an iPhone or an iPad and used a credit card to pay a bill or purchase anything.

Hmm how secure are those devices and what personal information do those devices collect.

I don't like the fact that my personal information is being collected either however it is being collected on / from any device which connects to the internet / WWW.

Use Google or Google Chrome or any of the Google Chrome clones /Facebook or any social media sites.

You will find the coming 5G even worse for privacy. My solution is...I don't have a pocketphone nor wireless home phone. Landline only. If I really needed a pocketphone, and I can't think of any reason why anyone would, it would be a throwaway 'burner'.

an updated example that supports your sharing:

You will find the coming 5G even worse for privacy. My solution is...I don't have a pocketphone nor wireless home phone. Landline only. If I really needed a pocketphone, and I can't think of any reason why anyone would, it would be a throwaway 'burner'.
I fully agree with you. Apart from the 5g privacy violation, it does harm to the human body. Humanity has two different views on this issue all over the world.
In many countries, 5G towers are set on fire.

Wife and I use Tracfone with Verizon as the carrier and have zero complaints.

Smartphone and 1500 minutes / 1500 texts / 1500 MBs data for 1 year $79.99 can't beat that imo.

Tracfone works for us well because we don't live and breathe on the cell phone.

I've been aware of this issue for a long, long time.
I take numerous steps and employ many techniques to 'minimize' my data exposure. Sometimes to my own detriment when I tweak too much and stuff doesn't work! LOL

I'm sure some people thought I was overly concerned and considered having me fitted for a 'tin foil hat'.
But over the years I have seen more and more confirmed evidence that the privacy concerns were well founded.

Several years ago when I needed to purchase a new cellular phone the 'young fella' in the phone store thought I was some kind of 'Neanderthal' because I insisted I did not want a "smart" phone. I want a 'dumb' flip phone - period. I contemplated disabusing him of his notion with my reasons why - but decided it was not worth the effort.

I want one of these and appears to be something I'm familiar with. ;):p

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/69/cf/ad/69cfad4127d1afd78dab18ac2547b002.jpg

I want a 'dumb' flip phone
No, that is the smart phone
As the so called smart phone is a dumbing down phone as you don't have to use your memory to recall what you have learnt over time you just let it do the remembering for you.
Like you Vrai I prefer the true smart phone as it don't do the thinking for you that you have to do yourself.
I have a nigh on fifteen year old Nokia phone and it is still going strong.

I've been aware of this issue for a long, long time.
I take numerous steps and employ many techniques to 'minimize' my data exposure. Sometimes to my own detriment when I tweak too much and stuff doesn't work! LOL

I'm sure some people thought I was overly concerned and considered having me fitted for a 'tin foil hat'.
But over the years I have seen more and more confirmed evidence that the privacy concerns were well founded.

Several years ago when I needed to purchase a new cellular phone the 'young fella' in the phone store thought I was some kind of 'Neanderthal' because I insisted I did not want a "smart" phone. I want a 'dumb' flip phone - period. I contemplated disabusing him of his notion with my reasons why - but decided it was not worth the effort.

Rest assured it was not worth the effort. Over ten years ago I began warning about Big Bro, Total Information Awareness, and the TLAs. I was called paranoid, asked what size tin hat I wore, etc. Then Snowden and his posse started releasing documents that ripped up their 'plausible deniability' and all the scoffers, argumentarians, and idiots scurried back under their rocks. Not a retraction, not an admission I was right, not a mumbled 'sorry'. Snowden ruined his life to inform the public, but the public didn't care. Few have even bothered to read some of his files...most prefer life with the 'Ostrich Clan'.

Privacy was just one of the reasons I wanted to switch to Linux. I also have a low-tech flip phone that I have had for 11 years...low cost and it does what I need it to do. I don't do facebook either. Snowden was right.

Members online