Creating a dual boot for Linux Computer to use windows 8

D

devilsgear

Hi,
We have a new simple Linux computer and we are trying to load Windows 8 onto it.
We were told by Microsoft that we needed to create a "dual boot" system on the Linux.
How do we do this?

thanks,
Matthew

I agree with Arochester, install WIN8 first and then GNU/Linux to make a dual-boot system.

I am shocked that Microsoft would recommend dual-booting with GNU/Linux. I guess Microsoft is not as evil as I thought. Now, I hate Microsoft a little less.:D

To add to arochester's post, the reason Windows must be installed first is because Windows' boot loader over-writes other boot loaders, leaving the other system or systems inaccessible. Whereas Windows can be added to whichever boot loader your Linux system uses. So,
I am shocked that Microsoft would recommend dual-booting with GNU/Linux.
It is not a surprise that Microsoft gives such advice. Those who follow it will "discover" that Linux cannot co-exist with Windows, unless one is a computer expert (like those Linux geaks).
I guess Microsoft is not as evil as I thought. Now, I hate Microsoft a little less.:D
You should hate them more, because they are more evil than you thought.;)

Thanks All !!

a little frustrated that Microsoft said we could do this...........and we bought Windows...................Thanks for all the input.

Members online

Latest posts