Create an iso image from the existing fedora system, and make a bootable USB flash using that iso image.

I get this error, I don't know how to fix it
Screenshot 2022-11-09 190645.png

How did you get fedora-live-minimization.ks file?

It appears you might have done a wget of the URL instead of the file.

That error is usually a permission issue - try checking the permissions on the fedora-live-minimization.ks file which to me it is set to 644 which is -rw -r--r-- if my old memory serves me right - if Apache is reading the file it might need 755 rwxr-xr-x to run - just a guess on my part

Last edited by a moderator:
i preety sure fedora comes with btfs file system. im 100 % sure btfs have build in back up. which highly relies on sub levels/snapshop on hard drive or usb.

as DexTheDog said install fedora and then use the system back up for the apps/settings.

Qualifying what Leonardo has said, and related to
Which tools are needed to do backup in fedora36

The installer allows you to choose between BTRFS and EXT4.

I wonder if the OP knows which one he chose?

For BTRFS you can take a Snapshot with Snapper.

For EXT4 you can install Timeshift and use that (I do).

Wiz

Qualifying what Leonardo has said, and related to

The installer allows you to choose between BTRFS and EXT4.

I wonder if the OP knows which one he chose?

For BTRFS you can take a Snapshot with Snapper.

For EXT4 you can install Timeshift and use that (I do).

Wiz
The default is Btrfs . most people dont know how to change it while installing fedora. also after doing some research it seem Timeshift can also be used on BTRFS. Their both available in Fedora

Last edited:
When I do a clean install and get it the way I like with settings...software...printer etc...I then create an image with Foxclone...https://www.foxclone.com/ which is saved to an External HDD or SSD.

Should anything happen...Drive failure being the worst...nothing is lost and very easy to re-image the Drive.
m1212.gif

I also use Timeshift for minor problems and create a snapshot before I install the latest Kernel...just to be on the safe side.
m1218.gif

Members online

Latest posts