Copying Linux Flash Drive

D

Dathaeus

Hi all... first I wasnt sure if this should go here or Debian or.... please let me know and I will next time since I have more questions coming, thanks.

As with the onset of mining (sorry if this has left a sour taste here, any opinions on that are welcome too), I am sure you have been inundated with BAMT and other questions, and I am one of them on BAMT, which I heard run on Debian.

I am running it on an 8GB Sandisk USB drive. The system has been crashing way too often and I have cool temps and good power, so someone suggested I use another drive, that some are not good running Linux, is that true?

Anyways, is it as simple as doing a file copy and paste to another drive in my Win7 machine, or is it a true bootup where I have to start from scratch and burn the img file again? I have a lot of setting in the config files so I rather not have to type that all in, unless there is a way to copy and paste from my Win7 to my mstsc remote window to my BAMT.

Thanks a lot!

So you are wanting to know if you can copy a whole GNU/Linux system from one storage unit to another?

Easy - Use Clonezilla to clone the system image from one drive to another.

http://clonezilla.org/

Last edited:
So cloning with a Win7 program will still maintain all boot parameters for the linux stick? Then I'll try this, hoping that the crashes are due to corrupted files.........

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts