Controller for linux

gvmbh

Reaction score
Credits
Which one is the best? Which do you use?

I need to turn the controller on and off for it to work after boot. What can this be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Xbox one controller is the the best since it work out the box and most games are med for the xbox controller i myself use PS4 controller.

Okay, my below suggestion will also answer your other questions:

The winner is:
PDP Gaming Wired Crontroller
Because I actually have this one. Well, I have the white cammo model to be exact. It's an excellent controller in terms of quality. It has a nice, long cable which is replaceable (big bonus on the second part). Works almost perfectly OOTB, I didn't need the xboxdrv needed either. Only 2 issues:

1) The triggers will be detected as axes (still, as of 5.10) and need calibrating (they're messed up, but it'll be a 10min investment to calibrate the entire controller).
2) It has a little problem with "wake" after suspend sometimes (this is a recurring problem I've noticed in Linux and USB devices - although it's becoming quite rare). Fix: Running jscal-restore wakes it, so just bind a hotkey to that.
Both of these problems are likely to be resolved eventually, but they aren't deal breakers. Logitech are a decent brand, but I find their stuff overpriced for the quality (I'd say quality is 4/5, but pricing is 2/5 - IMHO)

Side note: You should consider consolidating your posts. Creating a new post for each point is very spammy. Very, very... You have 4 posts, each only a line long.
In the future, you may be better off considering this example:
Which one is the best? Which do you use?

PDP Gaming Wired Crontroller
I need to turn the controller on and off for it to work after boot. What can this be?

Logitech F130 Gamepad

(Mod edit request: @KGIII, @wizardfromoz, sorry if it's a bad time, maybe someone can just fix OP's thread?)

(Mod edit request: @KGIII, @wizardfromoz, sorry if it's a bad time, maybe someone can just fix OP's thread?)

Better?

Thanks James, good to see you around ;)

Chris