Constant failure w/ LM17

R

Rixter

Good Evening:

This morning I tried to rip a CD using Soundjuicer and got an error report. Tried to uninstall soundjuicer and got error report and, thus, couldn't uninstall SJ. Now, I have no working ripper. Also, since the install of LM 17, I've not been able to get the built-in webcam to operate. These 2 issues are just the tip of the iceberg in what has become an almost daily fight w/ LM17 and it's ongoing failures! Here's today's reports
E: encountered a section w/ no Package: header (SJ has worked previously, albeit, with some glitches)
E: Problem w/ Mergelist /var/lib/apt/lists/archive_getdeb . net_ubuntu_trusty-getdeb_apps_i18n_Translation-en
E: The package lists or status files couldn't be parsed or opened
From the "recovery" mode I got this: NETWORK>ModemManager[2147]:<warn> Couldn't find support for device at '/sys/devices/pci0000: 00/0000: 00: /c.2/0000: 00.0' not supported by any plug-in.
OK, I don't want anyone's help that actually doesn't want to help or doesn't know this O.S. and laptop's. I'm not trying to be crass, I've just been through so much and as yet, nothing has corrected nor alleviated the problems this O.S has put me through! Should you be willing to offer assistance and require laptop's specs, please inquire and I'll promptly respond.
Thank You:
Rick
ADENDUM 2/13/2015

I switched over to Asunder (ripper), added the FLAC package and, so far, this program is working without the problems experienced with SJ. I'll do more ripping and give an assessment. Still need to get webcam operational.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts