connection issue

ZEESHAN_ALI

Reaction score
Credits
my system does not support ubuntu and i want to use putty ssh connection. please any one help me in this connection in.
i install putty and open it it wants a ip or host name and it does not connect with my pc ip
i am a beginner and work on linux kindly anyone help me to create connection.

My first question would be what is the OS on the machine you are trying to connect to?. The second would be what is the Operating System of the machine you are using to make the connection? The reason I ask is with that information I can come up with some ideas on how you can troubleshoot the situation.

My first question would be what is the OS on the machine you are trying to connect to?. The second would be what is the Operating System of the machine you are using to make the connection? The reason I ask is with that information I can come up with some ideas on how you can troubleshoot the situation.
first thanks for reply.
i am using windows 10 and my system does not support the ubuntu( through VM machine). and our teacher in school tells to me install putty and put the college server host name or ip address then you will work. so now i leave school then putty is installed on the system so what can i do.
my question is actually that can i work on linux server who can give me ip and port so i work properly.

You will need the host name of the server you are trying to connnect to to move forward. I am guessing you are trying to connect to this over the public internet. A host name is something like "example.com" . You can determine the actual IP based on that if needed but putty would accept a host name. As for port standard for telnet is port 21 and ssh is 22. Most likely using ssh. Not sure how to how to help you. You will need information on how to make a connection as well as a user id and password to make the login.

exactly i want 'how to make a connection as well as a user id and password to make the login'.
Sir can i create the server on my own pc is any solution. or i need linux server ip etc to login

I would check your notes or go back to your teacher to ensure you have all the information you need to accomplish what you want.

It might be good for you to understand what you're attempting to do before you do it also. It's a lot easier when you understand what you're trying to do. At this point and based on what you're saying. You seem confused and the wording of your question reflects that.

Staff online

Members online