Connection failed error

T

the mol

I am about to give up on my attempt to use Linux. I have tried tutorial after tutorial on how to setup a vpn without success. I keep getting (connection failed error) I must be doing something wrong or omitting a neccessary step in the process----BUT WHAT????????? Any help would be appreceated.

It always helps to know what tutorial and steps you are taking for us to help you. Just write out step by step what you've done, what you've input, what the errors says (at what time it says the errors) etc. We can then look at it and see if there is something missing.

Sometimes it's easier with a second pair of eyes. I know with programming, I get stuck and something is just not going the way it's supposed to. Another pair of eyes sees it and can pin-point my errors and set me on the right track. (After I say, "well, duh" and "oops") :p

Don't give it. There is a solution, we just have to find it!

It always helps to know what tutorial and steps you are taking for us to help you. Just write out step by step what you've done, what you've input, what the errors says (at what time it says the errors) etc. We can then look at it and see if there is something missing.

Sometimes it's easier with a second pair of eyes. I know with programming, I get stuck and something is just not going the way it's supposed to. Another pair of eyes sees it and can pin-point my errors and set me on the right track. (After I say, "well, duh" and "oops") :p

Don't give it. There is a solution, we just have to find it!

Hi ChristiW---Thanks for the response and advice. I'm presently talking with PureVPn chat. They are suggesting that I try to setup their VPN with OpenVPN. As it is a bit complicated I will try in the morning with a fresh face. Hopefully, that will work, if not, I will be back. Thanks again for your interest>.

Staff online