Connecting to SSTP VPN - looking for some guidance

jingfee

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I'm trying to set up my work VPN, where we unfortunately use SSTP. Everything works great on Windows, but I'm trying to get my work environment to work on Linux as well, if possible. I downloaded and installed the sstp-client and network-manager-sstp. On Windows we use the built-in provider, set the server address, SSTP as protocol and login with username and password (without domain) and connect. After connecting "type of sign-in info" has changed from "Username and password" to "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)". I attach in this post the logs I retrieved when trying to connect to the VPN. I guess the issue is that there is no compatibility with PEAP, is it possible to enable such compatibility? Any help or tips are appreciated.

Attachments

• vpnlog.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 375

Which client did you download?

I can't find it right now, but there was an AU question along similar lines and the solution is:

Sadly, I only noted the solution and not where the actual question is. I suspect wine was a factor.

And, of course, check with your in-house IT staff.

Which client did you download?

I can't find it right now, but there was an AU question along similar lines and the solution is:

Sadly, I only noted the solution and not where the actual question is. I suspect wine was a factor.

And, of course, check with your in-house IT staff.
Thanks for the reply. The client you linked is the one I downloaded.

Members online