• We had to restore from a backup today after a failed software update. Backup was from 0000 EDT and restored it at 0800 EDT so we lost about 8hrs. Today is 07/20/2024. More info here.

Computer Speakers.

Now something like those are most affordable and very reasonable.

Thanks
If you do buy them, let me know what you think of them.

You're all making me jealous. I had an expensive pair of studio cans for my music, then I had a spate of ear infections to the right side, lost 85% of the receptors, so now I only have mono in the left ear.

I bought this about a year and a half ago from Microcenter for $19.99. I had no issues with it and the sound was great (although I'm not picky up sound). I ended up buying it again for another computer.

Interesting.

I'm an old fan of Creative Audio sound products used a few of their sound cards back in the Windows days.

Will definitely have a look at those would be handy to have just for the cell phone or tablet.

Thanks

You're all making me jealous. I had an expensive pair of studio cans for my music, then I had a spate of ear infections to the right side, lost 85% of the receptors, so now I only have mono in the left ear.
Wow that sucks.

I'm sorry that your hearing is bad and I can somewhat relate.

I to have suffered some hearing loss from being around to much gun fire in the military and only have like 45% to 50% hearing in my right ear.

》》》IF 《《《 you can afford it, they're working miracles with correcting hearing issues these days. Although, I would hazard a guess that insurance probably doesn't help much, if at all.

I have these as my computer speakers, they work great!
Mm; those look halfway decent. Rather like an 'active' equivalent to my old Wharfedale Diamonds. And the price looks good, too. I wonder what the mid-range / bass response is like?

Might be time to upgrade my Goodman's, although ATM I still have no complaints with 'em......they've lasted amazingly well, considering the way I've treated them over the years. For the GBP £70 I originally invested in them, they certainly don't "owe" me anything!

Goodman's have always had a good reputation for affordable quality here in the UK.

Mike. ;)

Ouch. Rotten luck, mate.

I've always had crap eyesight; been wearing specs since I was 4 yrs old. Used to drive my parents nuts, when I was little and my eyes were still growing; I seemed to need new glasses every year or so! Thankfully, things haven't changed that much since my early 20s, so I tend to get more mileage out of a pair these days.

Touch wood, my hearing's not been affected to any noticeable degree yet; just the slight 'muffling' that comes with advancing years...

Treble doesn't sound quite so clear as it did in my 20s/30s, but hell; all things considered, I really can't complain. Getting old sucks, but it does have its compensations......or so I'm told! :p

Mike. ;)

Last edited:
you can afford it, they're working miracles with correcting hearing issues these days.
At my age not cost-effective, I have had it now for about 15 years, and am use to it, the good ear compensates quite well, with just one working well , I can still here better than the Wife. it has some benefits.. like I can sit the wife on the right-hand side for a quieter life.
I'm sorry that your hearing is bad and I can somewhat relate.

Lucky its only one ear, still it gives me an excuse [when in the car on my own] to crank up the sound , wind down the windows and cruse.:D

I’m still using an ancient set of Quickshot ‘Sound Force 600’s that I’ve had since my old Windows 98 PC.

Surprisingly, they don’t sound terrible. They’re not amazing, but they’re actually alright.

Since I’ve started using Ardour a lot more, to record demos with my bands - I really aught to invest in some decent home studio speakers!

@JasKinasis

Wow what a blast through the past.

I have some of those in my stash box.

I didn't buy them they were in a big box of computer parts I bought at a garage sale.

Hey they obviously suited your need for sound over the years so yes treat yourself to a nice pair of computer speakers.

Members online