Compiler Issue on Gentoo

K

Kryyll

So I've been running Gentoo on a virtual box to see how Gentoo runs and stuff. I went to update it the other day and half way through I got an error. The error says that emake failed. I looked up the problem and other people have had the problem but none of their. Any ideas?

PS: If you need more info, just ask!

What kind of error messages are you getting? You may already know this, but emake is something like a portage wrapper for make. So first, we need to know whether the error is with make or Portage.

Well if I read more into the error message it says that linux/compiler.h doesn't exist. Then it says that make failed. So, I'm not sure if it is because I upgraded to the new kernel or not. I checked to see if the symlink was pointing to the old kernel but it wasn't. Also, it doesn't happen on everything, just one package won't compile, which is an x11 driver for virtual box.

I doubt the kernel has anything to do with the compiler library. compile.h is part of gcc.

I fixed it! Yay! Turns out the issue was that I wasn't booting with the new kernel, but the old one rather. This meant the symlink was correct but I wasn't running that kernel! Just updated and everything is good! Thanks for your help anyways!

Members online