Code Warrior on Linux or Alternative?

K

Kryyll

So for one of my classes we program a HCS12 processor and use Code Warrior to do this. Is there anyway to get Code Warrior on linux? I would need it to write the programs and execute them. I most likely would not be implementing them on my home computer so it doesn't necessarily have to be able to program the processor itself.
I tried to use Wine to run Code Warrior and it didn't work. I also believe you can buy it for Linux? I'm too poor for that.

If there isn't a way to get Code Warrior, is there a alternative program that will do the same? As mentioned before, I would mainly use it to write and execute the programs (debugging and compiling) it doesn't necessarily have to be able to program the processor. The alternative would need to be able to program multiple languages as well. (Assembly and C are the main ones I believe)

Yeah but that link takes you to a page that doesn't exsist anymore.

Do the Additional Comments move you forward?

Compiled 64-bit wine on LMDE [Linux Mint Debian Edition]
Ran winecfg which installed gecko and mono
set windows 7 as default
Processor Expert required MSXML 3.0, I used winetricks to install msxml, it looks like msxml3 lib was not available at compile time on my system, I'll try vanilla wine again and make sure it msxml is there during compile.

The link CW for HCS12 works.

Hello Kryyll, how did you get it running, which version did you download and how did you install it? Thank you very much.

It's funny you bring this up! I had it running for about a week and it decided to give up on me. I have no idea why but it wouldn't debug anymore, although, I can still use it as a text editor. To get around this I just used a virtual machine to use that program.

That being said, the easiest way to use CodeWarrior is with a virtual machine.

Staff online

Members online