Reaction score
Credits
Hello
i have a
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen3 AMD with Debian 11 non-Free
and there is a
Wi-Fi-/WLAN-Adapter Wi-Fi 6 11AX (2x2) & Bluetooth® 5.0

$ sudo inxi -nN
Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169
IF: enp2s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: 88:a4:c2:03:c4:c4
Device-2: MEDIATEK driver: N/A
IF-ID-1: enx00e04c360e68 state: down mac: 00:e0:4c:36:0e:68

The Device-1 is the local RJ45 Connector which works
The Device-2 is not working should be a Mediatek mt 7921e but not to sure
IF-ID-1 would be the RJ45 on my Dockinstation which also is not working

on some Forum i found to install the latest Kernel which is now
Kernel: 5.15.0-2-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 Console: tty 0 Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
The Kernel is testing not unstable!

But how to make WiFi working, and second how to get the Dockingstation (IcyBox 14-in-1 USB Type-C | IB-DK2262AC) (LAN Part) working?

thanks for feedback where to find more information what to do?!

have a nice day
vinc

Last edited:

Here is another member who had problems with Mediateck

Hello
Socially inept here, been to long since i felt the need to play. But Windows latest scourge called Edge has woken me from lethargy.
My T420 ThinkPad Lenovo wants Straight Linux (Ubuntu?) as possible. I have a few programs for immediate use the others i can work with maybe.
My question is can it run
stuff like
Blender
Open Office
Pepakura
InkScape
Vlc
Firefox
7zip.
to start with?

thanks

hello @brickwizard
thanks for your feedback and link.
i downloaded the file , then in /lib/firmware i had to create the directory mediatek
then copy the 3 files there and rebootet, and nothing happens.
then i switched off the Laptop and then rebootet and now it works fine
$ sudo inxi -n
Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8169
IF: enp2s0 state: down mac: 88:a4:c2:03:c4:c4
Device-2: MEDIATEK driver: mt7921e
IF: wlp3s0 state: up mac: c8:94:02:df:54:a7
IF-ID-1: enx00e04c360e68 state: down mac: 00:e0:4c:36:0e:68

do you know how to make the IcyBox 14-in-1 USB Type-C | IB-DK2262AC LanPort running ?

have a nice day
vinc

G'day @nyazilla - start your own Thread and ask the questions there.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

My question is can it run

As @wizardfromoz said, start your own thread. You can save us all some time by looking those things up on your own. It doesn't take long to figure out that Pepakura is Windows-only and that 7zip is a terminal-only application in Linux.

So, before starting your own thread, please see the 2nd link in my signature. You can save us a bunch of time, while helping us to help you better.

then i switched off the Laptop and then rebootet and now it works fine
There is a thing with many of the new boxes & lappies sold for windows in that they do not shut down fully when you re-boot, it's all to do with retaining a deep sleep mode to enable windows to start faster

@brickwizard thanks for the explanation. so this "feature" is deeper in the laptop then just in the OS!

Not being a Microsoft user, My explanation may not be""as described"" but when W10 came out the only way they could make it boot faster was to stop the machine from totally switching off and going into what I described as a deep sleep, so that when you switch on it doesn't do a full boot [like Linux] but gets a wake-up call, I think it's probably in the UEFI boot file, but I am not sure, as when I have done a clean Linux install [fully deleting windows] it goes away

Addendum. This article will explain further

this is from the Lenovo forums

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkC...hutdown-after-Windows-10-Upgrade/td-p/3930782

Bwiz

@brickwizard my new laptop never have seen Windows. got it without OS and startet with a Debian 11 net ios!
but it's interesting to read it - merci

Staff online