CLI for daily notes

Alexzee

Credits
Hi & Welcome to Linux.org.

Congrads on making a cmd-line tool for daily notes.

Will your script run on any Linux distro?

iridakos

Credits
Thank you :)

I've currently tested it on Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10 and Debian 9 Stretch. It's a bash script, I think it can execute successfully on other distros but I can't know for sure.

I do know that it couldn't run in OSX though but thanks to contributors a workaround that uses the gdate instead of the missing date function seems to have resolved the issue.

Alexzee

Credits
Thank you :)

I've currently tested it on Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10 and Debian 9 Stretch. It's a bash script, I think it can execute successfully on other distros but I can't know for sure.

I do know that it couldn't run in OSX though but thanks to contributors a workaround that uses the gdate instead of the missing date function seems to have resolved the issue.
You're Welcome.

Got a few fires going on right now that have top priority so I can't run the script right now.
Maybe once I get this issue solved I can run it and get back to you.

JasKinasis

Credits
Wow!
Looks like you’ve been busy. Way more featured than my simple note-manager.
I’ll take a look at it at some point!

I still use your goto script a lot. That’s been really handy for managing shortcuts in the terminal!

iridakos

Credits
Wow!
Looks like you’ve been busy. Way more featured than my simple note-manager.
I’ll take a look at it at some point!
Thank you, I remember our discussion about your notes script!

Recently I had the need to be able to log notes per day and I started writing this script. As the days were passing by, I added more and more functionality. I hope you find it useful (there's more to be added).

I still use your goto script a lot. That’s been really handy for managing shortcuts in the terminal!
So glad to hear that :D

Members online

Latest posts