Chrome

Try just clicking 'next'.....

what i mean is, no password....just leave it blank...

My husband did a long time ago and doesn't remember - can a new one be set up or am I in a pickle as they say!

You are running Linux Mint 18.2 (Sonya)

1. For the other helpers, Brian said it at #6. Theresa has actually been with us since November 2018

2. If using the Terminal, in Linux Mint, it is actually

Code:
sudo apt install chromium-browser

Theresa, what happens when you start the computer and launch Linux Mint??

Does it take you through a login screen or straight to the desktop?

Wizard

That is using a browser like Firefox. From the desktop.

Did you open Firefox by choosing it from a menu or by clicking an icon from a panel at the edge of your screen?

There is a firefox icon on the bottom left of the computer that I click

I found the password! So now do I go into software manager and type in Chromium and download?

Yes, either that or in TERMINAL as described above, but with word chromium-browser. The use of sudo will prompt you for that same password, so memorise it.

When chromium is installed, it will be on your menu, a little like this

ovDyj6f.png

Wiz

Slip - it will be in the Internet part of menu

I went TO menu and typed in software manager and typed in Chromium I clicked on chromium browser anD the message that came up said that it can't be installed with a message version 66.0.3359.181 size 53MB to download 191nb of disk space required - ?

Can someone tell me what o.e.m means. I get that when I try to do terminal and used sudo and at the bottom it said to be filled by o.e.m.

Do you sign in? With a username and a password, or do you automatically go to the desktop.

If you sign in, use that password.

When the linux page is in front of me I clicked on the terminal icon on the bottom and typed in chromium-browser then it tells me tp type in sudo apt install chromium-browser then I get [sudo] password for theresa: the only password is the one I am using to get into Linux and my webmail - I have no other. I tried both of those but won't accept

Also if you could look at #31 where I tried that I don't understand, is it too big in size/

Would it be easier if I tried to do Internet Explorer. They say online that it is easy to install - is it an ok one

Can someone tell me what o.e.m means. I get that when I try to do terminal and used sudo and at the bottom it said to be filled by o.e.m.

o.e.m = original equipment manufacturer. The company that makes the hardware or software.

your post #31......that is normal....that size is to be expected. All browser are approx the same.

You also said in that post #31 that "" the message that came up said that it can't be installed with a message version 66.0.3359.181 ""

Try that approach again, and reproduce the "message" exactly please .

Edit to Add: I cannot look at software manager from where I am at present...I am overseas..stuck in the middle of nowhere.....I am stuck with using windows 10 (yuk) for a while. I am still curious why Firefox will not work for you....the fact that the bank tells you that firefox has a problem sounds like pure crap to me...it tells me they have no idea.......there are no problems with Firefox being reported to their 'bug' page of that nature......so it is more likely to be something really simple that we have missed. Question....have you installed any add ons in Firefox at all ?...... I can always show you how to "refresh" Firefox. When you refresh Firefox you end up seeing this.....(below)

Refresh Firefox.PNG It fixes most problems. Answer the other questions etc etc that I have asked and then we might try that. I can guide you through that step by step. It is straightforward.

Last edited:
...and.....while you are doing that....can you tell me when was the last time (approx) your Linux updated ?

Internet Explorer is a waste of space ....was discontinued in 2003, it runs only on Windows.....forget it.

Members online