Christmas China

Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
Hi: Everyone,

I have 2 boxes full of Christmas China that I really have no need for an 8 piece set.

Each piece of china is trimmed with green holly, red berries and gold.
It was designed by a company called "Gibson" in 1995-1997.

I paid about $200.00 for the whole set.....and am looking to sell it for about $120.00.

Would anyone like to buy this china?

It would make a great Christmas gift.

Christmas China.jpg

After showing this china to an Antique Shop Owner he wasn't interested.
He said folks just don't use china that much anymore.

So I called another Antique Shop and spoke to the guy running the place.
He explained, that most people these days are not interested in these type of dishes anymore and I'd be better off putting it on Craigslist.

Well...I've dealt with Craigslist in the past and my experience taught me that all you get from them is a lot of spam in your inbox and the item or items your trying to sell never end up leaving your house.

I'm thinking now that I'll just give this china to a friend or neighbor as Christmas approaches.

Wife and I go to thrift stores and buy our plates and silverware pots and pans etc.

We find all sorts of great deals on name brand high priced things that we could never afford to buy.

None of our stuff matches but we don't care as it serves its purpose and it's really good quality.

Wife and I go to thrift stores and buy our plates and silverware pots and pans etc.

We find all sorts of great deals on name brand high priced things that we could never afford to buy.

None of our stuff matches but we don't care as it serves its purpose and it's really good quality.
Sounds like a good plan that you have.
Thanks for sharing.

Well...I've dealt with Craigslist in the past and my experience taught me that all you get from them is a lot of spam in your inbox and the item or items your trying to sell never end up leaving your house.
Years ago when I had a Facebook account I was a member of many "Barter, Swap, Sell" groups. These were all groups local to my area and items listed there for sale seemed to sell very quickly. The interested buyers would always try to talk you down on your asking price but I guess that is just part of the game.

I don't have Facebook anymore but I do miss the "Swap-Sell" sites. I just don't miss them enough to open another account! :/

In my area we also have a "Community Closet" which accepts donations of household items (and otherwise) which they then sell in their store or on their Facebook page. They actually 'auction off' items to the highest bidder on their Facebook. It can be rather fun! :) The money they raise is used to help meet the needs of the homeless and hungry, victims of house fires, disasters, etc. They are similar to the F.R.O.G.S. organization. I donate stuff to them which I just don't want the bother of trying to sell.

I'll see if friends and family would like to have the china first. If not......I could donate to Purple Heart or my local thrift shop that take donations.

Thanks for the F.R.O.G.S link Vrai-:)

Ho ho ho, good man, Santa will look after you ;)

Members online