[solved] Change Linux partition from Windows

Bobby_MK

Reaction score
Credits
I have both OS installed on my laptop. I want to expand /root using the memory in /home. My USB drive is dead and i can't boot via LiveUSB. Can i change Linux partition from Windows?

If your computer is dual boot, you can change the parition from window.

You can do it through GParted, you have to install first with the command...

sudo apt install gparted

sudo pacman -S gparted

If your computer is dual boot, you can change the parition from window.
It's probably possible but I don't recommend it. Windows hates Linux and does everything in its power to screw it up. Not to mention it often makes everything like this (as I recently discovered, before I abandoned it):

jmBcfUf.jpeg

You can do it through GParted, you have to install first with the command...

@appie , no you can't. The OP cannot use GParted to change partition size while in a current session with Linux, it will not allow him to do so.

The OP has also indicated he cannot do it from a Live Install USB stick. If he has a working optical media drive installed he could use Windows to burn a LInux distro .iso and then reboot using it and use its GParted.

From Windows - Windows will be able to see the partitions, but not their contents because it cannot read Ext4. You could try resizing from Windows, but your Linux may be at risk in doing so.

You have not told us, @Bobby_MK which Linux distribution you are using, and its version, can you do so?

By the way, do I take it you have a separate Home partition?

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

You might want to mark the problem as solved so no one wastes their time on it.

--glenn

... that's the first Post, #1 @Bobby_MK

Wiz

Members online

Latest posts