Ceni

M

Mitt Green

Hi,

I was a bit sad about NetworkManager dependencies and its memory usage as well as about Wicd, I found that Ceni works the way I want.
Ceni1.png
Ceni2.png
Ceni3.png
Ceni-wireless-network-configuration-01.png

As thou can see, it's a command-line tool but it is still pretty easy to manage thy connections.

Ceni is not available in Debian repositories and thus other distributions don't provide it as well, except for Aptosid (formerly known as Sidux). Here's the link to download
aptosid.com/debian/pool/main/c/ceni/
It contains both source code and deb package. It may ask thou to install dependencies, it can be installed without them.
Since Aptosid is unmaintained now, when the link will be obsolete, I'll upload it here.

Last edited:

Ceni is not available in Debian repositories and thus other distributions don't provide it as well, except for Aptosid (formerly known as Sidux).
Other distros include Siduction, Antix, Mepis, Epidemic, LMDE (Linux Mint Debian Edition).

It might also be possible to install Ceni into Debian using smxi.

Other distros include Siduction, Antix, Mepis, Epidemic, LMDE (Linux Mint Debian Edition).

It might also be possible to install Ceni into Debian using smxi.
Siduction, antiX, MEPIS seem to be no longer maintained as well. Ceni originated from Sidux, I suppose, because it is mentioned on Sidux/Aptosid forums and is referred to them on Debian forums.

Last edited:
Hi,

I was a bit sad about NetworkManager dependencies and its memory usage as well as about Wicd, I found that Ceni works the way I want.
View attachment 1958 View attachment 1959 View attachment 1960 View attachment 1961
As thou can see, it's a command-line tool but it is still pretty easy to manage thy connections.

Ceni is not available in Debian repositories and thus other distributions don't provide it as well, except for Aptosid (formerly known as Sidux). Here's the link to download
ftp://ftp.spline.de/pub/aptosid/debian/pool/main/c/ceni/
It contains both source code and deb package. It may ask thou to install dependencies, it can be installed without them.
Since Aptosid is unmaintained now, when the link will be obsolete, I'll upload it here.

I think it is still alive but the community there is a bit rude to those who ask about when a new release is coming out.

@Darren Hale I hope, but it's marked as discontinued in Wikipedia and the latest release came out two years ago, though they had one-two releases a year.

Yeah I just went to Wikipedia and saw the discontinued bit. Darn another solid distro bites the dust.

Staff online

Members online