Can't login to EndeavourOS after installation

Richard Wallace

Reaction score
Credits
Intially I'm able to login to EndeavourOS, but after a couple of required reboots the login fails. I choose my username, enter the password, then I get a black screen, then I get back to the screen to choose my username. I choose the username as before but I get the black screen then screen where you select your username again. Can't get past this login process. Any idea? I can't do any configuration if I can't even get into the OS. It's EndeavourOS 6.1.

Would be the official help forum from us ;)
Or at telegram:

G'day Joe @joekamprad and welcome to linux.org :), I just approved your Post (contains URLs) over my morning coffee DownUnder and am sipping on my second.

Richard, and for those unaware, Joe is actually "Mister EndeavourOS" himself.

Richard, this might present a perfect opportunity to get some answers straight from the horse's mouth, if you choose to slip over to Endeavour and sign up there.

Of course, if you are able to get the help you need from Joe and his people, you could keep us in the loop by linking, and still remain with us for all your general Linux?

Sounds like Win-Win.

Joe, for a little background - Richard had a Thread here

https://www.linux.org/threads/qtile-weather-widget.37547/

resolved 8 or 9 days ago, but unrelated. Richard at that time you were using Mint 20.2 Cinnamon, is that still onboard too or have you replaced it with Endeavour?

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

BTW - @joekamprad , Joe, after I finish morning chores and crack open a beer, I can sidle over to Endeavour and sign up there, as a reciprocating gesture of good faith.

There, I can ask curly questions such as "Why do Endeavour, Elementary OS and Endless OS all want to have elements called 'eos' " ? :D

Don't be a stranger, Joe.

There, I can ask curly questions such as "Why do Endeavour, Elementary OS and Endless OS all want to have elements called 'eos' " ?
All the same from "E" OS group ;) we do endeavour, Elementary keeps it elementary, Endless plan to stay forever.
And all the cover names can be mixed up also, as EndeavourOS has endless elementary possibilities to offer ;)

Thank you for introducing myself!
And of course, you will be very welcome in our forum too!

Well answered :D

Heading over there soon, before my evening meal, to sign up.

Wiz

@joekamprad Welcome! Would be great to see you write an introduction post in the introduction section :) I do have a question about EndeavourOS since we have an EndeavourOS dev in the house but that would be appropriate elsewhere or in an introduction topic since it would be off-topic in this topic.

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts