Can't install UUI

Harsh Patel

Reaction score
Credits
I have puppy linux and I want to switch to linux mint.
I have linuxmint.iso file in my pc but I cant get universal usb installer. I tried on puppy package but no result.
What should I do?

G'day Harsh, and Welcome to linux.org

Are you able to access the internet from that pc ?

See what other iso burners are included in the puppy packages

Maybe unetbootin....?

or , can you access another pc.......either linux or windows...it doesnt matter which..

As Condobloke suggests if you can get on internet there a a few iso to usb tools that can be used from both windows and linux.

if not, it is possible to appropriately, as intended, put an iso onto a usb via command line .can you on command line log in as root & give output of :
Code:
# dd --version
//or

Code:
$ sudo dd --version

I have puppy linux and I want to switch to linux mint.
I have linuxmint.iso file in my pc but I cant get universal usb installer. I tried on puppy package but no result.
What should I do?
See here;
All Linux versions come with a tool name dd. Our ISO images since 2013 come as iso hybrid images so they can be transferred directly to the USB drive using dd. Don’t attempt this with older puppy versions unless you know what you are doing. Here is a simple tutorial on using dd to make a bootable USB drive. Be very careful with your target drive name!
from http://puppylinux.com/install.html

And:

Thanks for your help. I found something from the Internet and my work is done now I am typing this reply from my new linux mint device.
And again thanks for your help.

Would you care to share that 'something from the Internet' ?

It may help others with a similar problem :)

Members online