Can't install linux

togenn

Reaction score
Credits
I have win10 installed on my computer and I would like to install linux on my other SSD. When I try to install xubuntu it gets stuck on "starting journal service". I have also tried to install different distro but it didn't work either. The installer works fine when I boot it with my laptop. I have also reinstalled windows and formatted both of my SSDs.
Specs:
ASUS B450 prime plus
amd ryzen 5 3600
geforce rtx 2070 super
samsung 850 and 860 evo SSDs

Attachments

• photo_2020-09-24_17-01-17.jpg
    photo_2020-09-24_17-01-17.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 498

What happens after 1 minute 30 seconds of the Start Job?

please ,confirm that the checksum of ISO files is correct to what official website of linux download shows. may be your ISO files are corrupted

What happens after 1 minute 30 seconds of the Start Job?
It gives the following error:

A Start job is running for Journal Service

[***] [FAILED] Failed to start Journal Service.

(2min 56s / 2min 56s)

See 'systemctl status systemd-journald. service for details.
(DEPEND) Dependency failed for Flush Journal to Persistent Storage.

you must check .it is very easy to check checksum, simply right click your mouse button on ISO file and go to properties icon and check checksum after that match it to the official website ISO checksum. please ,confirm that the checksum of ISO files is correct to what official website of linux download shows. may be your ISO files are corrupted

https://wiki.debian.org/SSDOptimization I think this might be a Linux SSD glitch I know xubuntu isn't technically Debian but might give a clue.have you tried Linux Mint
I I tried to boot the installer it with all my drives unplugged but that didn't work either. I was able to install Linux Mint with its compatibility mode but I cant boot it because it gets stuck on the same thing again.

you must check .it is very easy to check checksum, simply right click your mouse button on ISO file and go to properties icon and check checksum after that match it to the official website ISO checksum. please ,confirm that the checksum of ISO files is correct to what official website of linux download shows. may be your ISO files are corrupted

I checked the integrity and authenticity they were both fine.

... The installer works fine when I boot it with my laptop. ...
Specs:
ASUS B450 prime plus
amd ryzen 5 3600
geforce rtx 2070 super
samsung 850 and 860 evo SSDs
That's what the installer is supposed to do. There may still be some Linux distros that run as apps in Windows, but most need to be installed from a BOOTED USB drive or BOOTED CD/DVD. You can't install Linux by running the installer within Windows.

Members online