Can't get LMMS to work on windows xp

J

jelboss36s

I have an old laptop (not that old) that has an xp os, and I can get LMMS to install, but it won't open. I put the latest 4.15 on it. Is there another version anyone knows that will work with xp on a 32 bit xp box? Been using it on my 64, Lenovo for awhile, and would like to have it on the other laptop as well.
Thankx in advance for any answers.

I have an old laptop (not that old) that has an xp os, and I can get LMMS to install, but it won't open. I put the latest 4.15 on it. Is there another version anyone knows that will work with xp on a 32 bit xp box? Been using it on my 64, Lenovo for awhile, and would like to have it on the other laptop as well.
Thankx in advance for any answers.

I would try this version - http://sourceforge.net/projects/lmms/files/lmms/0.4.13/

Does LMMS produce logs that you can view? It must have some specific error for not opening.

It had an error to send report via internet, but this is an offline box, with an old xp os, and I wouldn't try putting it on the internet. What do you need? Should I copy that report? All it says is "we have encountered a problem", and thankx for the reply, btw :)

It had an error to send report via internet, but this is an offline box, with an old xp os, and I wouldn't try putting it on the internet. What do you need? Should I copy that report? All it says is "we have encountered a problem", and thankx for the reply, btw :)

If there was a log, it would help to see it, but if no log is produced, then there is nothing you can do. I would try the older version provided by the link in my previous post. If that does not help, then I would report the bug to the developers. Good luck!;)

Thanks Devyn. I'll try the older version. I'm thinking about doing away with the xp, and putting a Linux os on it instead.

Latest posts