cant connect to internet please help

F

Firas

Good day

I have been trying to install a custom Kali Linux Distro

Every thing installs and runs OK except I can't connect to the internet

so I asked in there forms ,, they told me ,, to install the firmware

I did that and still no luck ,,,, then I installed all my drivers from the CD that came with the PC ,,, still no luck

any help please ?? All it keeps asking me is for Mac address ,, I have typed the Mac address

still when I do ifconfig I don't see eth0 or eth1 I I have is

You have to know the name of your Ethernet card and then install drivers. If you were using Windows or another distribution, drivers you intalled will not work.

Try typing <lspci>. That command will list all the detected PCI devices. Network interfaces are likely to appear near the bottom of the output.

Thanks Oldman I did as you told me and I got this
Code:
lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 06)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor PCI Express x16 Controller (rev 06)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI (rev 05)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #2 (rev 05)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller (rev 05)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #1 (rev d5)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #4 (rev d5)
00:1c.6 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #7 (rev d5)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #1 (rev 05)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Z87 Express LPC Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.2 RAID bus controller: Intel Corporation 82801 SATA Controller [RAID mode] (rev 05)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 05)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK104 [GeForce GTX 760] (rev a1)
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK104 HDMI Audio Controller (rev a1)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 13)
04:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9123 PCIe SATA 6.0 Gb/s controller (rev 11)

But this is on my Other Linux that is working

My Problem is when installing a custom Linux to my other HDD , the installation cant read my Ethernet card ,, that is my Problem

thanks

You've got an Atheros device. Next thing to do is something like:
Code:
lsmod | grep -i atheros
and see what output you get. If nothing, you're missing the driver.

You've got an Atheros device. Next thing to do is something like:
Code:
lsmod | grep -i atheros
and see what output you get. If nothing, you're missing the driver.

Nothing is showing up //// what to do next ???

many thanks

Going forward, if you need to install a Linux distro, I would test it first by running it through the DVD or USB Stick and see if that particular distro will run the hardware that is on your system. Believe me, a lesson I had to learn the hard way :mad: :).

Members online